Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Effect of new educational institute on real estate

RELover

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Hello,

What would be the effect of a new university campus in existing real estate in the future if a university comes to town. For example, Milton and Brampton Ontario both announced a university campus in their towns.

Will the universities have positive or negative effects ?

I'm thinking addition of universities would bring in good quality jobs, so the effect should be positive. However, how come the university towns like Windsor and other small towns don't see much appreciation?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Universities are usually positive but it will take some time. Good quality jobs ? You mean more students ?

Ensure you are on a direct bus route or in walking distance to the university to appeal to students.

RELover

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
TBH without even thinking about the university we bought a preconstruction principal home near where the university will be. I wanted to make sure that if not positive there won't be any negative effect on real estate for our home.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
I'd say there are few if any negative issues although some roads will see far more car or bus traffic, and some areas will see construction noise or party noise on certain nights.

As such understand the planned layout and changes envisioned: road widening, road closures, bus lines, building phases, proposed rezoning etc .. usually all online or available from city hall. Stay informed by reading those websites frequently for any changes, go to public events or get on email lists. Speak up if you see stuff that doesn't make sense.

RELover

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Thanks. all points noted Thomas

It's at least 15 mins drive from our home so hopefully that keeps it clear of noises etc.

Top Bottom