Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edmonton LRT Extention

RichardCanfield

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to open this up for REIN members that are currently invested in this target area. This way thay might share some expreiances and any buzz they have about some of neighborhoods along this route. I have recently had many inquiry`s surrounding this vast hubub of activity, and would relish the expertise and support of my peers in the REIN organization to comment on the region.

Also I am curious if anyone would be interested in seeing current pictures and video on the vast progress taking place on this specific transportation endeavor. Many out of Province REIN members that are placing thier hard earned investment dollars may be interested in seeing just how much work has already been implemented into the extention. Feel free to contact me directly if this is something your interested in.

Happy Investing!

RichardCanfield

Registered
Here is a Picture of the work taking place at the SOuth Edmonton LRT Extension near Southgate Mall (which is getting a nice facelift of its own with lots of additional Parking for LRT Passangers). This is taken headed southbound from 51st ave towards the Whitmud Freeway.

RichardCanfield

Registered
Here is another from the same vantage point, with a beter look at the future terminal and walkways over 111st leading into the mall itself.

Local Neigborhoods in this zone are:
Malmo Plains
Lendrum Place
Empire Park
Pleasantview

RichardCanfield

Registered
This is a pic taken further down the road at the last station being built on the south Line. This is at the "century Park" re-developement of the old Heritage Mall centre. Lots of new and fresh box stores and strip malls are in this area along 23 ave stretching both east and west of 111st at this location.

Communities near this station:
Blue Quill
Sweet Grass
Skyrattler
Ermineskin
Steinhauer

This is the area that is sandwiched between many transportation developements.
-119st boardering Blue Quill is in the process of being twinned all the way south to 23 avenue.
-23 aveune at the intersection of 119st is being twinned headed west into the newer developed areas across the ravine (which is having a new bridge constructed)
-The Completed section of the Anthony Henday just minutes south of the 23 ave & 111st intersection
- Just minutes East of 111st is the re-vamping of Gateway BLVD, Calgary Trail (Highway 2) and the 23ave intersection (often seen as a bane to Edmontonians with large wait times in to the popular South Common Shopping Centre, lol). This section is having several overpasses developed to handle the mass increases in Traffic clow that have plagged the area in recent years.

RichardCanfield

Registered
Speaking of the Overpass construction at 23ave and Highway 2...I managed to fight my way through the massive line-ups at the lights and snap a few pics for the REIN members, Here is the current progress on that project

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Fantastic posts for the MANY Members around the world that are investing in Edmonton but don`t get to visit there very often.

Thanks Richard.

RichardCanfield

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Sep 21 2008, 04:35 PM) Fantastic posts for the MANY Members around the world that are investing in Edmonton but don`t get to visit there very often.

Thanks Richard.

Anytime Don, Stay tuned more pics to come as the work progresses! After all a mentor of mine had hid team do a study and picked Edmonton as the #1 place to invest in Alberta, LOL

Top Bottom