Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edmonton investing

mzaurrini

Registered
I am looking in Edmonton for a potential investment/income property. After doing some homework I have noticed that their is quite a flood in the townhome/condo market, over 700 units for sale right now. Sound like it might be a good time to wait for prices to drop?? I also noticed that quite a few of these properties are ex-rental properties that have been given the lipstick treatment and sold off as multi-res units, could this be the problem???

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
YEAH!

It is great to see that the `pretenders` are getting out of the market. As a matter of fact over 40% of the listings are either tenanted or vacant which means those who don`t have long-term outlooks are responding predictably to a market plateau.

A GREAT time to start getting good prices and wonderful terms. Funny how this is exactly what so many investors were hoping for 18 months ago, and now that it is here they are freaked out.

Gotta love predictable market cycles. Negotiate strong and get the deals that are out there and ALWAYS do your property analysis and due diligence checklists (especially now that you have so many choices.)

Top Bottom