Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Don`t ever let ANYONE try to steal your dream!

dwmiller

Registered
Greetings, fellow REIN members!

For those of you who don`t know me, I am Vancouver REIN member Don Miller. I joined REIN in November 2008. I bought my first revenue property in Lethbridge, AB in March 2009, and I am going to be taking possession of my second Lethbridge property on March 1st (yes, Don, I promise I will fax it in!). My first property positive cash flows to the tune of a few hundred dollars a month and I expect the second one to do the same. I`m not trying to be cocky here; I follow the Property Goldmine Scorecard to the letter and I don`t take shortcuts! (though I have never been employed as a Commercial Pilot, I do have a Commercial Pilot`s Licence with a Group 1 Instrument Rating; and pilots are taught to follow procedures).

My real job has been that of a Government Employee for the past 24+ years. To the credit of my co-workers, many of them have been surprisingly supportive of what I have accomplished since joining REIN. However, there has inevitably been the odd "toxic" individual who has made a feeble attempt in killing my dream.

Just the other day, a co-worker took an interest in why I chose Lethbridge to invest. I explained to him the economic fundamentals of Lethbridge which make it a great investment town. Another co-worker in passing only heard part of the conversation; the part about Bio-diesel Fuel Plants; he interjected into the conversation (paraphrasing): "Well, I heard that bio-diesel has been a major failure as an alternate fuel source! People simply have no interest in it!". Without any facts off the top of my head to either confirm or refute what he was saying, I shot back: "Well, then I guess it`s a lucky thing for me that Lethbridge is not a one industry town!".

And what gave me strength at that moment were Don R. Campbell`s words of wisdom: "Don`t ever let ANYONE try to steal your dream!".

I just wanted to share that little anecdote with all of you, particularly those of you who are new to REIN and are just starting to invest in Real Estate. Have a clear vision of your "Personal Belize" and don`t ever let some jerk who doesn`t know what the **** he is taking about steal your dream!

Sincerely,
Don Miller
Blackie Spit Investments

JoeRagona

Registered
Congratulations Don

On moving forward, having the correct mindset and pursuing your true vision. Keep this post in mind when YOU get to the DIP - that is a true test of character that IMO has already surfaced with yourself.

Good luck !

dwmiller

Registered
Thank you so much for those kind words, Joe!

Being a REIN member where I can surround myself with like-minded individuals such as yourself has made the difference between success and failure for me; I am absolutely convinced of that. I cannot emphasize that enough.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has mentored and encouraged me along the way. I know now that an incredible life living my own "Personal Belize" is now not only possible, but very likely.

Sincerely,
Don

Top Bottom