Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does joint ventures effect your borrowing power

brad ell

New Forum Member
Registered
I am interested in buying rental houses. I have a friend I am interested in going into business on this adventure. We work well together. One thing we are wondering is how joint ventures effects your borrowing power. Do lenders make sure both parties can afford 100% of every property they wish to buy or do they split the value in half? We don't want to go 50/50 on the first place and get denied on he second buy. Will be hit the borrowing wall because of debt ratio being calculated different?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Yes, a JV affects your borrowing ability assuming you both are on the mortgage.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
I am interested in buying rental houses. I have a friend I am interested in going into business on this adventure. We work well together. One thing we are wondering is how joint ventures effects your borrowing power. Do lenders make sure both parties can afford 100% of every property they wish to buy or do they split the value in half? We don't want to go 50/50 on the first place and get denied on he second buy. Will be hit the borrowing wall because of debt ratio being calculated different?
Hello,
Congratulations on your decision to start your real estate investing with a partner.
Joint Venture Success Step #1:
Build a Successful Foundation ?
Whether you're building a home, a business, or a Joint Venture relationship, you need a solid foundation. REIN's Joint Venture Secrets will teach you how to attract consistent JV capital using our three proven pillars of success: systems, relationships, and follow-through.
You'll discover:
  • Why joint ventures are such an effective way to raise all the capital you'll ever need to achieve your personal dreams and aspirations.
  • What makes a great joint venture relationship (the answer might surprise you).
  • How to find the right kind of people - and save yourself headaches and hassles.
  • What it takes to create win/win transactions that work for everyone: you, your JV partner, and the buyers, sellers, and tenants associated with your property.
  • How to completely eliminate the excuse, “I can't buy real estate because I don't have any money” from your life.
  • How to pace your joint venture strategy so that you get the money you need, when you need it.
  • Negotiation secrets of the masters.
  • And much more!
Click HERE to view our Joint Ventures Home Study!

Top Bottom