Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documents on Disk

MikeMcC874

Registered
I was in Staples today and they have various disks that they claim contain wills, rental agreements, rental applications, credit check consents etc.

Anyone have any experience with them?

They seem to indicate Canadian specific, not Ontario specific.

I was thinking that for $20 it might be a decent starting point or fill in as I build my docs collection.

Thoughts?

Mike

Rickson9

Registered
You can apply as a tenant to various apartments in your area to get a free copy of various lease agreements.

Tootse

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMcC874 @ Feb 27 2010, 05:16 PM) I was in Staples today and they have various disks that they claim contain wills, rental agreements, rental applications, credit check consents etc.

Anyone have any experience with them?

They seem to indicate Canadian specific, not Ontario specific.

I was thinking that for $20 it might be a decent starting point or fill in as I build my docs collection.

Thoughts?

Mike

I bought this a few weeks ago. It will be useful. You select what province you are in and then those get installed. Or at least it asks you what province you are in, so presumable there are some differences. However, I just bought a Landlording book and I think I can download a set of forms for free, or at least there are lots in the back of the book. Maybe it would be a good idea to save the money you`d pay for the disc set, put it towards the purchase of a book and get both a book and forms.

DaveL

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMcC874 @ Feb 27 2010, 01:16 PM) <br />I was in Staples today and they have various disks that they claim contain wills, rental agreements, rental applications, credit check consents etc.<br /><br />Anyone have any experience with them? <br /><br />They seem to indicate Canadian specific, not Ontario specific. <br /><br />I was thinking that for $20 it might be a decent starting point or fill in as I build my docs collection.<br /><br />Thoughts?<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><br />

I use the forms created by Self-Counsel for my rentals. I know you can buy the CD`s at Chapters and I am sure you can find them at Staples too. I just downloaded the CD off their website instead of buying the physical copy. They are definitely worth the $20! The Self-Counsel ones are done very well.

DaveL

Registered
QUOTE (Tootse @ Feb 27 2010, 06:54 PM) <br />I bought this a few weeks ago. It will be useful. You select what province you are in and then those get installed. Or at least it asks you what province you are in, so presumable there are some differences. However, I just bought a Landlording book and I think I can download a set of forms for free, or at least there are lots in the back of the book. Maybe it would be a good idea to save the money you`d pay for the disc set, put it towards the purchase of a book and get both a book and forms.<br /><br /><br /><br />

If you are referring to the Landlording in Canada book the CD in that book is not nearly as good and I would recommend spending the $20.

housingrental

Registered
I don`t have experience with those products

The cheapest and best solution for most people is to join a local apartment managers association - for fees of often well under $50 you can get a variety of top quality up to date locally suited lease documents (not just leases - rental applications, assignments, sublet contracts, etc.) as well as the additional benefits of being a member.

Check out www.wrama.com as an example

Top Bottom