Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Commercial mortgage

augustynr1

Registered
Hi,

I am trying to remortgage the 20 unit building to pull some cash out.

What should I be asking/hoping for?

I have a mortgage which is 6.5% but would love to get better then that.

Thanks,

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Any commercial mortgage broker .. many banks lend in this space .. 30+

Try Montrose Mortgage (multiple locations, reps are organized by location and/or property type) or Peter Kinch's team .. also some of the realtors have associated mortgage brokers, say Colliers or CBRE or Avision Young.

augustynr1

Registered
Thomas thank you,

The problem is that I have 2 more years on my existing mortgage and the bank I am with is willing to refinance it but at the higher rate so I am trying to see what is out there to help "them" to help me :)

So if there was a site which posts the rates, that would help a lot.

I looked through the banks and did not see anything or I do not know where to look ....

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=augustynr1]The problem is that I have 2 more years on my existing mortgage ..

That is not a problem.

That is a FACT.

Fact is the mortgage cannot be pre-paid ? Or that it is expensive ? or that the re-fi with the existing bank is more expensive than a new one even with penalties ?

Learn the rules of the (lending) game. You do not have to like them, but you have to play within the bank's rules.

The golden rule: He who has the gold makes the rules !

augustynr1

Registered
Thomas,

Thank you.

Would you be able to point me to a right sources of the information so I can learn? :)

btw: the problem with google is that you never know if what you read is good, correct info?

Thank you very much.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Re-read my earlier post please re commercial mortgage brokers. Not all information is on the Internet. Occasionally one actually has to talk to a real human who actually knows s.th.. Banks charge a discharge penalty of the interest rate differential to a bond. So, with 2 years left at 6.50% and a corresponding bond rate at 1% you'd pay 5.5% times 2 years of the mortgage balance as a penalty if they let you out of the deal.

Top Bottom