Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Christmas gift ideas

dandoros

Registered
Hello everyone,

I just want to ask the community, how do you acknowledge your tenants at the end of the year, during the Christmas season. What would you usually buy and what will be a dollar figure? For how long should be a tenant living in your property in order to qualify for the gift?

I was thinking for a gift card at the mall with a thank you card.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Dan

MonteDobson

Registered
Hi Dan,

A gift card, a turkey, a gift basket, an ipod, a card, hockey tickets, etc etc. The list goes on, but what I like to try and do is be unique and find out what would they would truly appreciate.

I like to see tenants in our homes for at least a year before they receive much else than the move in gift basket or card. We usually keep our gifts to <$50 unless they are outstanding tenants that have been paying our mortgage for years. Some don`t get anything.

Merry Christmas!

invst4profit

Registered
It really depends on whether you have 5 tenets or 500 dollar wise.
I send Xmas cards with a personal thank you.
From speaking to many I have found they do not expect anything and regardless of what I do send it does not change there personal habits as a tenant. It does not change there rent paying pattern nor does it impact on how long they stay. I find a card and a thank you as effective as anything extra.

Top Bottom