Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Catch 22 - 120 parking spots needed for month in Toronto!

eddyb1978

Registered
Hey guys,

Here is the situation and I hope i can gather some feedback her...

I have recently been elected to sit on the board of Directors for my stacked condo-townhouse complex (Dundas West/Bloor ) last week.....

I am now faced with this dilemma....

The builder is willing to completely redo our parking ramp (concrete with electric heating system underneath etc...) and the job will take approx about 3 weeks. The catch 22 here is 150 cars need to be parked elsewhere!!! for 3 weeks and the owners need to make arrangements accordingly.

The current board of Directors along with ppty mgmt have managed to find 30 spots ( between guest parking and adjoining buildings) and now we are left with 120 cars needing to park for 3 weeks...

I have asked the property Manager to pursue the following..

1- Check with the city permit office to see how many permits they can award for cars to park on the roads nearby

2- Check into big entertainment venues like BMO field, ACC, Ontario Place to see if each can award few parking spots in exachange of $ ( it all adds up ....)

3- Another Option is to liaise with private paid parking lots but most likely these guys will NOT accept a large volume of cars to occupy for 3 weeks

Other thoughts? Recommendations? New direction??...

Many thanks for taking a peak at this...

Cheers,
Eddy

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (eddyb1978 @ Jul 20 2009, 05:21 PM) 3- Another Option is to liaise with private paid parking lots but most likely these guys will NOT accept a large volume of cars to occupy for 3 weeks
Sure they will .. if the cheque the condo board writes is big enough !

Isn`t phased renovation an option i.e. in stages ?

eddyb1978

Registered
Hey Thomas,

Actually the builder will be paying for it fully and since it`s the only ramp leading down phased reno is NOT very feasible....

the bottleneck we are facing is getting over 100 cars to park somewhere! Any ideas?

Cheers,
Eddy

eddyb1978

Registered
Thanks Manoj.

I guess i really got my feet pretty wet with the parking issue! lol

Cheers,
Eddy

terri

Registered
QUOTE 1- Check with the city permit office to see how many permits they can award for cars to park on the roads nearby

I guess this one is not even an option until the city strike ends is it?

rainman11

Registered
I`m just make it up to the tenants to find their own parking. Maybe compensate each person $50 bucks for the inconvenience of them having to do this. That way everyone is helping to solve it.

HeatherBrandt

Registered
QUOTE (eddyb1978 @ Jul 25 2009, 09:20 AM) thanks guys for all the feedback... keep it coming. :- )

Challenge them to go green! I assume the vehicles can stay in their parking stall, they just can`t be moved for 3 weeks. Compensate those who agree to leave in the stall as you won`t have to find an alternate. You never know, some might be away at that time and not need their vehicle.

Worth a try!

eddyb1978

Registered
Thanks REIN Friends..
I`m compiling all feedback and sharing with my Director peers in our meeting next week...
So any more feedback is welcome.... i got 5 more days til the next meeting..

Great to see all the different opinions shared on here.
Cheers,
Eddy

Top Bottom