Buying Condo in Mississauga

stlesly

Registered
Apr 14, 2008
Hi,

A condo in mississauga, near 403 exit on hurontario street, well maintained. I would like to know whether its a good investment, as this is the first investment after the quickstart program and reading through Don`s books.

Asking price: $180,000
Taxes: $ 143/month
Condo fees: $ 523/month - covers all the expenses.

monthly rent range: $1350 to $1450

This condo has 5 parking places ( 2 tandem parking and 1 single parking ).

Also, please let me know any REIN realtor in Mississauga or Brampton.

Thanks for any info.

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto Ontario
And for the same type of money you can get a great 3 bedroom town home condo in Hamilton which will appreciate more in the long run as an invetment. Invest in the Top Ten towns report offered by REIN. This will give you insight into where you might wish to invest, but as always, it`s your decision and comfort level at the end of the day that matters.

d.

MrsChas

Registered
Apr 6, 2008
Mississauga
QUOTE (stlesly @ Apr 22 2008, 09:35 PM) Hi,

A condo in mississauga, near 403 exit on hurontario street, well maintained. I would like to know whether its a good investment, as this is the first investment after the quickstart program and reading through Don`s books.

Asking price: $180,000
Taxes: $ 143/month
Condo fees: $ 523/month - covers all the expenses.

monthly rent range: $1350 to $1450

This condo has 5 parking places ( 2 tandem parking and 1 single parking ).

Also, please let me know any REIN realtor in Mississauga or Brampton.

Thanks for any info.

It would be wise to figure out what units in this area are actually renting for. It would also be a good idea to speak with property management to see whether the condo fees will be raised in the near future as you could end up having to put in extra money on top of what you would be renting it for.
And you need to know what you are going to do with it if you cannot rent it out or sell it at occupancy - you may just have to take occupany yourself. Also, 1 bedroom units are usually harder to sell and appreciate less in value than units with 2 bedrooms.
Be careful!