Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best number of bedrooms for condo

esteyjk

Registered
Hi folks,

I`m wondering what number of bedrooms in a townhouse condo is viewed as most attractive for renting and also for resale. I realize that this may be a difficult question to answer given the number of variables involved but I`d like to know if a rule of thumb exists. My instincts tell me that a 2 bedroom is generally the best pursuit but can anyone argue for or against this point?

John

Kimberly

Registered
John:

It depends on who your target market is. I have single family homes and it seems young families prefer 3 bedrooms - one for adults, one for child and third for current 2nd child, or one another planned child or office/den or spare room for visitors. Hence, 3 bedrooms offer more versatility and can appeal to wider spectrum of prospective tenants. I also have 2 bedroom homes, and I find it appeals to young couples, no kids. You can also charge more for 3. If it`s for student rentals, seems the more the better - again depends on who you are targeting. As you mentioned, there are a lot of other variables involved.

Top Bottom