Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adding value to tenants/clients

yaonchung

Registered
I am wondering if anyone would share some of the ideas/things that you do or provide for your tenants to add values to them and create that truly competitive edges?

gbuckingham

Registered
I like to communicate once per month which is usually just "Hi, how are you? Is there anything that needs my attention?
I also like to give the option to pay monthly or biweekly if it suits them.
But my favorite is never showing up empty handed. Whether to fix something or just to inspect, I view this as an inconvenience to GOOD tenants. I like to compensate them with gift cards. Whatever the value it is always unexpected very much appreciated.

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
For us, the value offering begins with having an impeccably clean house that is properly developed. I used to provide the gift cards and all of that but I didn't find it substantially made any difference to turnover. The reason people stay is because the home is good value, fits their family, and problems are few and far between.

The ability to offer good customer service is a balance at pricing as well. I do not rent my suites at the very top rate I could achieve. I rent it at a rate where I am getting, ideally, 4-5 inquiries a week. That way I have several people to choose from and I make sure that only sell to someone for whom the product fits. Each suite has its own special features. I don't hide my concerns. I had a couple inquire about a suite where one of them was going to bring their brother to the property. I asked if this is really what they wanted because most people would prefer some life separation and there is only one kitchen. For me, it's about genuine care to make sure I see the potential problems ahead of time. I'm not their parents but I want to make sure that I sell a product only to someone who is likely to stay sold for the right reasons. There is no better customer service in my mind then making sure you fit the right product with the right person. It takes 90% of the stress out of PM.

For me at least, my tenants are my friends. I mean they are actually good people that I genuinely care about. When I am at their homes doing whatever little repair I am paying attention to the whole house, the street, and any little thing that might cause them an annoyance. I try to resolve issues before they notice them. I trust them in my homes and I value them as people and clients. Making good housing is more than a business to me, it is a part of my life and I want to ensure this product is something any family would be comfortable in.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Gift baskets and Gift cards are a great way to thank your tenant for keeping your investment clean and in good shape.
Little Helpers
These ladies Tenant Baskets http://www.littlehelpers.ca/tenant_baskets.html
Little Helpers Gift Baskets
35 Bridlecreek Gate SW
Calgary AB T2Y 3P2
Tel 403-569-0937 Fax 403-451-8243

Kjeck

New Forum Member
Registered
All you need is to be a good landlord. Always follow the lease guidelines. Don’t ignore tenants when they ask to repair something in their rental. Try to fix damages as quickly as possible.

Whenever a tenant calls or emails you, be sure to respond to them. It’s always important to remember that any interaction with your renter is a business interaction.

Many tenants prefer to pay rent online. So, consider the online rent collection.

Top Bottom