Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ACRES™ 2006 to current...what a ride!

MonteDobson

Registered
Thought I`d share a little "life" story about my journey after attending Quickstart LIVE back in June 2006...
Just over 2 years ago, I had been researching REIN for a while, read a bunch of books and had been "dabbling" in real estate for a number of years. It was June 2006 and we had just had our 2nd child. It was the Wednesday before the Quickstart weekend and I asked my wife what she thought of me jumping on a plane (from Regina, SK) to Calgary for the weekend for some real estate course I found online, leaving her at home with a 2 week old baby boy. First of all she thought I was crazy and that we could spend that kind of money better elsewhere (ie. diapers). However, she supported my decision to go as I really wanted to attend in person. I was able to pull it all together and was off to Calgary for the weekend.

I attended Quickstart live in Calgary which cost me ~$1000 after all expenses (flights, hotels, food etc) plus the fact that I felt guilty about bolting on my wife and our 2 week old baby boy. Well the weekend was much more than I expected and I was literally blown away by the experience. The people I met, the energy, the motivation and the knowledge was unbelievable. After the course, I flew home late Sunday night, very tired but wired, and started rambling to my wife that we`re going to buy all of this real estate, and look after our family, reach our Belize blah, blah, blah. She, as any wife at 1AM would do, told me to go to bed and get some sleep!!

Well, here we are today, 32 years old....we now own 11 cashflowing properties, consisting of 72 doors throughout Alberta and SK. All of this starting with a small HELOC, a bunch of JV partners and maintaining a full time job. Our net worth goal is to surpass 7 figures by mid 2009 and I plan to say adios to my day job within 12-18 months. Has it been easy...NO
. We have had our fair share of stress and headaches for sure and have found that Year 2 is definitely the hardest. True success comes from taking the knowledge and applying it in the appropriate way.

Bottom line, with the education that REIN provides, a person has foundation to begin the path to wealth. It is about more than money, it is about what you want out of life. Everyday I think about my wife and 2 awesome kids and how the decisions we make today, can ultimately affect the outcome years down the road. Another part of my Belize is to help my parents as they transition into retirement. I can`t wait for the day that I get to hand over the keys to them to a new condo somewhere hot...as this is part of what I want to do for them, for everything they have done for me.

I encourage all new investors to make a decision to get educated and take action...as you can see it truly can change one`s life!

GarthChapman

Registered
Great story Monte! It`s awsome to see people make such huge progress in what seems like no time at all.

It looks like you`ll need to be updating the line below your signature soon - you are well past Silver now.

ZanderRobertson

Registered
That is a fantastic point, thank you! Also, great tale of how taking action and using your education leads to success. Believe me, I`ve had my share of those 1 am blah, blah, blah conversations. I`m sure there are more than a few of us who have that in common.

"It is about more than money, it is about what you want out of life."

gregg

REIN Member
Congratulations!!!

Only 32 and you have made such progress while working at another job. Imagine what is possible once you work at this full time. Thinking about your parent is admirable and I wish you great success in the future. I know you will have earned it.

Gregg

MonteDobson

Registered
Thanks for all of your kind words and motivation to continue...here`s to 2009 and beyond!!

saskbrian

Registered
QUOTE (C2Ventures @ Dec 4 2008, 11:20 PM) Thanks for all of your kind words and motivation to continue...here`s to 2009 and beyond!!

Congratulations Monte,

We have 2 things in common, we both attended the June 2006 Quickstart and we both have a goal of 72 doors to reach our personal belize. Wow ! you did it in 2 years, its taking me just a little longer. I currently have 8 doors and with the help of some J/V partners I will get the rest. I believe that 2009 is going to be a terrific year to continue investing in real estate. Once again, Congratulations.

klewlis

Registered
Thanks for sharing your story. I love that you started when you were 30, as that is how old I am now... it gives me hope!

Top Bottom