Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Landlord`s Rights Obligations

GoRentFreeFast

Registered
I noticed she is doing her $99 "A Landlord`s Rights & Obligations" program (same one she gives to Ontario Realtors) next month...has anyone attended one of these?? I hear she`s good but would like some feedback before I invest the time (full day).

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (GoRentFreeFast @ Oct 27 2009, 04:59 PM) I noticed she is doing her $99 "A Landlord`s Rights & Obligations" program (same one she gives to Ontario Realtors) next month...has anyone attended one of these?? I hear she`s good but would like some feedback before I invest the time (full day).

I took her course last year, and being a realtor found it to be the best course I`ve taken with regards to the continuing educational courses offered to realtors in Ontario.

You will get a lot of information...what you can and can`t do as a landlord and exemptions regarding raising rents and more.

For example, `a rental complex or building, mobile home park or land lease community of which no part was rented for residential purposes before November 1st, 1991.` section 6 RTA Ontario, are exempt from consumer price index rent control. Meaning, you can raise the rents of a property to `market rental prices` without needing to follow rental control guidelines.

I would highly recommend any landlord in Ontario to take this course as the value far exceeds the cost.

GoRentFreeFast

Registered
QUOTE (WJW @ Oct 28 2009, 03:01 PM) I took her course last year, and being a realtor found it to be the best course I`ve taken with regards to the continuing educational courses offered to realtors in Ontario.

You will get a lot of information...what you can and can`t do as a landlord and exemptions regarding raising rents and more.

For example, `a rental complex or building, mobile home park or land lease community of which no part was rented for residential purposes before November 1st, 1991.` section 6 RTA Ontario, are exempt from consumer price index rent control. Meaning, you can raise the rents of a property to `market rental prices` without needing to follow rental control guidelines.

I would highly recommend any landlord in Ontario to take this course as the value far exceeds the cost.

Great...Thanks for the input...

Philip

tbarcier

Registered
QUOTE (WJW @ Oct 28 2009, 03:01 PM) I took her course last year, and being a realtor found it to be the best course I`ve taken with regards to the continuing educational courses offered to realtors in Ontario.

You will have to forgive me but that is not contained in Sec. 6 on Ontario RTA

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (tbarcier @ Oct 29 2009, 03:10 PM)
You will have to forgive me but that is not contained in Sec. 6 on Ontario RTA

Sorry its in... Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 S.O. 2006, CHAPTER 17 Section 6.2C

tbarcier

Registered
Ah ok Sec 6 (2) ( c ) sorry that was my mistake, I didn`t see subsection 2. Sorry.

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (tbarcier @ Oct 29 2009, 04:14 PM)
Ah ok Sec 6 (2) Â sorry that was my mistake, I didn't see subsection 2. Sorry.

No worries Thomas...thanks for pointing it out to me.
<

invst4profit

Registered
QUOTE (WJW @ Oct 29 2009, 05:06 PM)
Sorry its in... Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 S.O. 2006, CHAPTER 17 Section 6.2C

Could you possibly post a link to the appropriate Section. I don't know why but for some reason I am unable to find 6.2C.

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
I agree that everything online is laid out but by taking a course, since specific to rights and obligations of landlords, a great course to take. I took as a Realtor as well and though I have many years of experience as a Landlord and Property Manager, I will never say I know everything. Things always changes too and good to have refreshers. It`s always a wise investment of time to be up-to-date and take accredited courses from something like this.

Also an opportunity to network with other Landlords perhaps and bounce feedback off of each other. Never close a door to opportunity in my opinion.

EricBurgin

Registered
I just attended Residential Landlords Rights and obligations - for real estate agents and landlords yesterday in Ottawa. It was one of the best courses I have ever taken related to this topic. I am a licenced realtor, so I have taken many courses. Most of them just try to fill the time, but I found myself disappointed that this course was over. If you are a real estate agent, a property manager, or a real estate investor you should take this course.

https://katherinepaliwoda.com/Courses.html

Top Bottom