Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A $1,500,000 Massage

ChrisDavies

Registered
I had a great reminder from the multi-family weekend today. I went for a massage and got to chatting with the therapist. She`s a resident manager at a 15 suit building in west-Edmonton which is going up for sale. I`m not looking to buy, but you never know where you`ll find properties for sale (or a good resident manager).

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Aug 31 2010, 02:42 PM) I had a great reminder from the multi-family weekend today. I went for a massage and got to chatting with the therapist. She`s a resident manager at a 15 suit building in west-Edmonton which is going up for sale. I`m not looking to buy, but you never know where you`ll find properties for sale (or a good resident manager).

indeed .. also remind her that, like some other tenants we used to have, to pay rent in CASH .. and not in KIND !!

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Yes, it must be difficult to write a rent receipt when one is paid in massages!

I actually had an applicant a few months ago that wanted to rent the upper suite of my duplex for herself and the lower suite for her son. That`s a total of 5 bedrooms and $2400 rent for two people. Then I discovered that she is not a registered massage therapist but rather the other kind, and I realized what the other bedrooms would be for and why she only wanted the place if she could rent both suites.

(Sorry to hijack the thread, but I believe Thomas started it!)

Back on topic... I completely agree that you just never know until you ask. You also never know which one of your friends or relatives has $1 million equity in their house or just stagnating in their "high interest" savings account. (That is my failing...asking.)

Regards,
Sherilynn

ChrisDavies

Registered
You should see what happened when I updated my facebook status with something similar.....I`m friends with a bunch of mental 12 year old boys.

It also turned out the building for sale is one we used to manage. Small world!

Top Bottom