Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$600 positive cash flow - would you buy it?

housingrental

Registered
Sure Moe
For the future though you might want to reduce your concerns on saleability (might)
I can`t speak to Ottawa specifically but most other Ontario towns have significant student investor markets where properties are valued by the bedroom.

QUOTE (surfermoe @ Apr 27 2009, 12:28 PM) Thanks for the dissenting opinion, Adam. I appreciate your advice.

We`ve decided to pass on the deal, regardless. Our concern is potential exit strategies. Due to where it`s located, it`s hard to imagine how we could sell this property to anyone but an investor.

The strategy we started out with was to buy duplexes that can be rented out to working professionals - and would have a large market of potential buyers when we want to sell. The feedback in this thread has made us realize that by getting into student rentals, we would be deviating substantially from our strategy.

Moe

surfermoe

Registered
QUOTE (EricBurgin @ Apr 27 2009, 11:52 AM) Moe:

I may be a bit late to weigh in on this one as you have already made your decision, but I would be pleased to offer you my professional services in your search for duplexes that are geared towards working professionals. I live, work and invest in the Ottawa market, so I feel I might be able to offer some insight that some of the other members might not. I just thought I would put that offer out there for you.

-Eric

Thanks for the offer, Eric. I`ll give you a call.

Moe

Top Bottom