50/50 .. is this fair ?

Apt_Bldg_Ontario

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Aug 2 2010, 10:04 AM) why not 25:75 or 40:60 or 50:50 ?

That`s a very good point

I think it all depends on how much the investor puts down- the more he puts down, the less the expert can take for himself.

housingrental

Registered
Of note: poster is refering to larger buildings.
When you include cost of renting these fees are well below market for single family in kwc.
QUOTE (lihipr @ Aug 3 2010, 12:35 AM) Toronto, Cambridge, Kitchener, Hamilton

housingrental

Registered
I support lihipr`s general sentiments.
In many deals a high percentage ownership from the "expert" is hard to justify - and most of the benefit provided from them can be derived from a good quality mortgage broker, realtor, and property manager.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Aug 3 2010, 10:17 AM) I support lihipr`s general sentiments.
In many deals a high percentage ownership from the "expert" is hard to justify - and most of the benefit provided from them can be derived from a good quality mortgage broker, realtor, and property manager.

You sell a product for a certain share of the returns, its that simple. If I as an expert expect to keep 50% of the share I partner an investor that wants 50% of the share. I would also add that if you have track record and all your deals are 50% then it becomes easier to find 50% partners.

Ctan

New Forum Member
Registered
Hello

I’ve recently been approached with the idea of being JV Partner, but have never looked into the details of one before.

Is it common for a JV deal to be structured as:

Money Partner: Provides money for 25% Down Payment on the purchase price and any closing fee’s.
Expert Partner: Provides the knowledge and makes all arrangements to purchase property. Provides a plan for the best return including timeframe.

Sale of Property
============

Money Partner: Receives the 25% Down Payment back as well as the closing fee’s.

The remainder of the return is then split 50/50 between the Money Partner and Expert Partner

Do most usually use the above as a starting point? Are arrangements usually further negotiated?
How about the title? Is it 50-50 title on property for both?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
How about the title? Is it 50-50 title on property for both?

Sometimes it is sometimes it is not.

Ownership can be in many forms:
Undivided interest
Tenant-in-common
Trust
LO
Corporation

It depends how you set it up.

And as always: in life you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate !

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager & Improver, Hard Asset Investor & DeFi Asset Hodler, Author, Father, Mentor, Hiker, Kayaker www.prestprop.com

Ctan

New Forum Member
Registered
Sometimes it is sometimes it is not.

Ownership can be in many forms:
Undivided interest
Tenant-in-common
Trust
LO
Corporation

It depends how you set it up.

And as always: in life you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate !

Thomas Beyer, Asset Manager & Improver, Hard Asset Investor & DeFi Asset Hodler, Author, Father, Mentor, Hiker, Kayaker www.prestprop.com
Thank you for your reply