Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

44,000 Construction Jobs Created

retiredby50

Registered
What I want to know is: Where on earth are they all going to come from? Egads, do they think they can just go to the freezer, defrost 44,000 of them and SHAZAM? I suppose there are a bunch of ex-GM workers that might need something to do, but even that`s a fart in a hurricane.

I fear we`re going to end up in big trouble. A severe shortage of workers in any sector can screw up the machine, and I think we`re going to have horrendous shortages in construction, and a few other areas as well.

And then when we hit the `perfect storm` of 30 million Baby Boomers beginning to retire, and their average health is declining, and there won`t be enough health care workers to do anything about it, we might just be screwed(I think the average nurse is in their 40`s, and the average doctor is in their 50`s, and already I think there are more doctors retiring than entering)

HOOOOOOOEEEEE!!!!!

Yessir. Interesting times, folks. Interesting times.

Taa
Keith

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Now you can see why the Feds are allowing over 40,000 new foreign workers into Alberta, and why all the economists are predicting lower unemployment rates (as if that is possible) and increasing demand for housing (rentals especially). (there are applications for upwards of 90,000 foreign workers on the books right now)

Remember, these are announced projects that are going ahead, does not include those not for sure.

I recommend you print this out, draw a line marking today - then you can see where the job market and in-migration is set to go. Today we are at a job frenzy, so even after we come off the peak and get back down to TODAY`s crazy level (around 2011 according to this graph) we will still have low unemployment. And this does not include future project announcements that may come along.

Perspective is everything.

P.S. Remember, all of the construction workers building infrastructure for the Olympics will be needing major projects to work on after 2009.... might some of these workers come from that pool. I would think so

Top Bottom