$30 000 - $40 000

augustynr1

Registered
Mar 2, 2011
Really ;)

To be honest I have not sold anything between 2007 and now.

My all properties are cash flowing.

I wish I have done deeper adjustments in 2005/7 but I did not.

There is no much appreciation in the value at least not for now but once I add the mortgage pay down and cash flow, I make very respectable returns ( by my standards ).

As far as the risk is concern then yes, Windsor is considered high risk, 3-4 years ago no banks would lend anyone more then 65% LTV and most would straight said that they are not interested at any ratio.

If you find the right product for the area you are investing in, you will do ok.

There are places in Windsor I would not touch though.

The risk goes up for me when investing in remote places with minimal or no cash flow.

MrHamilton

Registered
May 10, 2008
HAMILTON
[quote user=Rooks]Briefly looking through MLS.ca ...SFH's from $70 000 to $150 000...

Hamilton has good areas to invest and bad areas. I'll bet $100 you are looking in the bad areas based on those price points. Bad areas, poor construction and plenty of deferred maintenance too. Focus on economic fundamentals and neighbourhoods where tenants and home buyers want to live. Or you'll end up like the unhappy investors I've met who focused on cheap rather than value.

I agree with the other posters, save up more $$, JV or raise more capital.

Hope that helps!

Erwin

Rooks

Registered
Dec 15, 2012
[quote user=MrHamilton][quote user=Rooks]Briefly looking through MLS.ca ...SFH's from $70 000 to $150 000...

Hamilton has good areas to invest and bad areas. I'll bet $100 you are looking in the bad areas based on those price points. Bad areas, poor construction and plenty of deferred maintenance too. Focus on economic fundamentals and neighbourhoods where tenants and home buyers want to live. Or you'll end up like the unhappy investors I've met who focused on cheap rather than value.

I agree with the other posters, save up more $$, JV or raise more capital.

Hope that helps!

Erwin

How do i find the good areas in Hamilton where i want to invest in? Contact any real estate agent and ask?

Sep 2, 2011
Your decision to pursue a JV relationship might indeed be your best option for getting into real estate investing, Rooks.

You should be fully confident that the right partner is out there for you - capable, patient, experienced, and fair. I do not know whether you will eventually find that person inside or outside the REIN` network.

I do know that REIN` Members are on average, the most knowledgable and well-informed real estate joint venture partners out there. They have access to deal structure templates, Agreement templates, courses, programs, and JV experts. So the network is a great place to start looking.

But please remember that whether you partner with a REIN` member or not, you will need to do a lot of your own due dilligence. Through repeated meetings, and background checks, and references, you will need to slowly uncover the reasons to trust your potential partner and see for yourself the value that they bring to the table.

REIN` may be a shortcut to meeting a large group of sophisticated investors, but don't view it as a shortcut in your dilligence steps.

Please contact the REIN` office if you would like to know more about the Joint Venture resources we have available here for Canadian investors.

Best,

Ron Smouter

Manager, Member Support