Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$25,000 City of Calgary Secondary Suite Grant Process

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Yay, Calgary!

The Edmonton program was fantastic for us. I encourage people to take advantage of the Calgary program as soon as possible because word will have travelled south and Calgary's money will likely get used a lot faster than Edmonton's did.

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=Sherilynn]Yay, Calgary!

The Edmonton program was fantastic for us. I encourage people to take advantage of the Calgary program as soon as possible because word will have travelled south and Calgary's money will likely get used a lot faster than Edmonton's did.

Calgary's program seems to require the owner to be living in the suite, without an exemption for the upgrading of existing suites. That will reduce the usage of the grants, as it will eliminate many investors and limit everyone to only one application. (5 year residency requirement). I suspect that will cause them to not get enough takeup to use all of the money, but it's hard to say.

Regards,

Michael

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
That's unfortunate, but the policy could change. Edmonton's strict requirements and rent cap policy initially prevented a lot of applications, so they changed the program.

Top Bottom