Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

young beginner real estate investor looking for advise

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
Of course you can hit those returns. You can even hit higher. Think private mortgage investing and plenty of other high paying investments. But consistently over 25 years? Nope doesn’t exist. People investing with Walton back in the days hit good returns as well.......well.....at least for a while. What’s left of that?

Yes it may seem 5% down and then adding on the cost of some items might appear to wipe out your initial investment, but most of us acknowledge RE investing is a long term game and with patience and focused effort your return will be less risky and definetly more consistent over a 25 yr period.

Seriously man? How many newbies have you seen who bought their first home for 5% down and held for 5 years or longer and lost money?.. How many newbies have lost money investing with so called "experts" in real estate and land deals loaded with upfront and ongoing fees, second mortgages, limited partnerships.. I have spoken to dozens on this forum who have. Walton is a prime example, and my previous financial adviser who I fired were keen on them but when your goal is to earn as many fees and commissions as possible regardless if the investor makes any money, oh well I guess..

As mentioned numerous times above, buy now then wait:
- find a good realtor and start looking for SF with a suite you can buy for 5% down. It's a buyers market in Edmonton.
- forget formal education at this point. Buy, and learn to do by doing!
- If you can handle one tenant and enjoy being a landlord, then read some books and perhaps buy another property.

I have also seen many folks jump the gun and join rein and other groups and realize they hate real estate investing. It is a fabulous wealth generator if you have patience and do it right but it's certainly not for everyone.

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Seriously man? How many newbies have you seen who bought their first home for 5% down and held for 5 years or longer and lost money?.. How many newbies have lost money investing with so called "experts" in real estate and land deals loaded with upfront and ongoing fees, second mortgages, limited partnerships.. I have spoken to dozens on this forum who have. Walton is a prime example, and my previous financial adviser who I fired were keen on them but when your goal is to earn as many fees and commissions as possible regardless if the investor makes any money, oh well I guess..

As mentioned numerous times above, buy now then wait:
- find a good realtor and start looking for SF with a suite you can buy for 5% down. It's a buyers market in Edmonton.
- forget formal education at this point. Buy, and learn to do by doing!
- If you can handle one tenant and enjoy being a landlord, then read some books and perhaps buy another property.

I have also seen many folks jump the gun and join rein and other groups and realize they hate real estate investing. It is a fabulous wealth generator if you have patience and do it right but it's certainly not for everyone.

Amen once again.

RedlineBrett

Registered
A suited house live up rent down at 5% down is just about the most sensible first step into real estate that a beginner investor can make

- great leverage: even in a modestly appreciating market you can 2x your money quite quickly & no capital gains
- income support
- get used to managing tenants and leasing, R&M
- when you're ready to move out you can keep it as a cash flowing asset.
- makes an excellent first JV on your 5 year anniversary / loan renewal as you know the property well & you'll have equity to be able to cut the deal you need to bring capital into your business.

Alexa Jones

New Forum Member
You are in the right place REIN is the great learning place, when I was a beginner in real estate someone from REIN advice me to take real estate licence first for building the portfolio and the same I would like to suggest you.

Top Bottom