Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will Prince George take off?

wgraham

REIN Member
Having been raised in PG my views of the economy are skeptical. There is often lots of talk but not a lot of action. Like it or not they are still a forestry town. They are working on diversification but a huge part of the economy is forestry regardless of those efforts. When you drive around PG all you see are dead trees. Miles and miles of dead trees in all directions. Parks I used to play in as a kid are simply gone. Very sad and devastating to the economy long term.

Values have climbed in the past few years but I don`t know how warranted those increases were. Best to let Don`s team talk about the numbers behind the town.

The article does talk about a lot of great things that "could" happen but it is really hard to say if it "will" happen!

My family is still there and do very well for themselves but I don`t know that I would be putting my money there just yet unless I was willing to take on a riskier investment.

my 2 cents,
W

Top Bottom