Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Website tips

ryanlake

Registered
I am trying to build a website because I believe it will be a much more efficient method of attracting investors. That way they can see what I have researched, opportunities, read my history on their own time without feeling threatened.

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who could design me a website for a fair price?

Also any tips to make the website more efficient from those of you who have done so already.

Always appreciated!

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
No referral for you. (I have been looking for someone for SEO for over a year now.)

However, be careful that your content does not appear designed to attract the general public. While real estate JV's don't exactly come under the Alberta Securities Commission's normal purview, if they deem that you are marketing investments to the general public they could suddenly become extremely interested in your operation.

truongcal

Registered
I know a friend who works as a web designer and a programmer. He works away from home as a consultan in Vietnam. If you are interested or have any question. Let me know.

ryanlake

Registered
OK, Is there a way I could connect with him to ask a few specific questions?

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
While I create websites (business applications) for a living, I would suggest to open an account at http://wordpress.com and get a blog going to push content.... there are a lot of templates and hosting providers that are cost effective and easy to use.

Also, you might want to consider using social media as Facebook or twitter to push content as well...

(i.e. http://www.Facebook.com/ottawagatineaurentals which complements my official site http://www.ottawagatineaurentals.com/

I use such sites mainly to market my properties but they sure help when talking to JV investors as I show the type of units that I buy and rent.

If you must insist I can also help you setup a business website at a fair price.

MaximeValmont

Registered
I own an online marketing company. We can do everything From creating Applications, SEO, graphics, etc.

The first thing you need to know is who your market is. Let's say you want to target people in Toronto who are looking for Condos, then they will type in Google : Toronto Condos...This is your keyword. This is really important.

Then write on google : google keyword. It will bring you to a place where you can analyse keywords. You can see if there is alot of competitions, how much montlhy search there is for the keyword, etc.

The more competition there is, the harder it will be to get on Page one Google. This is what you want ultimately. Organic Page ranking. Othewise you would have to pay for ads, which works great too depending on who your market is.

Don't go to a local firm, they will charge you way too much. Go to Elcance.com and hire some Indian company to do all the graphics, it will be much cheaper. They can do your SEO too.

Valmont.

SGTech

Registered
Hi Ryan.

I also design websites as part of my business. If you wan to email me at scottgardiner1970 @ gmail.com (make sure to remove the spaces) I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Scott

ChrisDavies

Registered
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization - my former full time job for a large agency and some very large clients.

It's the art of making sure that as a Realtor my websites are showing up for the right keywords when someone starts searching for a new home in Edmonton. It's a little complicated, but at the end of the day it's about having content on your website which speaks the same language as your target audience.

moki

New Forum Member
Registered
Im a bit late to the discussion as I see you already have a website now. Who did you end up using, and how happy are you with them? Any advice?

Top Bottom