Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TOP 5 TIPS: Fill your VACANCY quickly and with QUALITY tenants!

Marty Gordon

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Filling a vacant apartment can be stressful, and at times, downright dreadful. This definitely depends
on the condition of the apartment your are tryng to fill, but it also depends on the area and quality of
tenants that you will be renting to.

There are certainly no ways to guarantee a quality tenant... -BUT- there are a few things you can do to
help ease the process and help minimize the chances of ending up with a problem tenants, or never
ending vacancy. Please watch:

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
Filling a vacant apartment can be stressful, and at times, downright dreadful...

That's quite the statement, a bit over the top.... I have been a landlord for 20+ years so I do some of your tips (1,3,4,5)... plus more.

1 - Repairs - Yes, it's preferred that you show the units clean and no major issues. (Never show units dirty). While doing renos, you can still show them provided that enough safety in place.
2- I do not do any staging other than have a crew clean the place (including windows).
3 - Always questions over the phone (never by email). You want to hear their voice and confirm requirements and see if your unit fits their needs. (This should be tip number one).
4 - Yes, a confirmation is required. However, I always request that THEY confirm one hour before. I told them that if we don't get a confirmation by phone/sms/email, the viewing is cancelled automatically.

Video is good but don't rush it... too much information on a 4 minute video, break each tip per video.... good luck landlording!

Marty Gordon

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Video is good but don't rush it... too much information on a 4 minute video, break each tip per video.... good luck landlording!

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for watching. Its funny you say dont rush it. Ive been making lots of
10 minute videos and several viewers suggested i shorten the length of the videos to less than 5 minutes and cut out any pauses in speech. The top 5 tips was aldo suggested.This is primarily a youtube based video which mostly has that fast paced format. Its something im still learning a lot about and trying to discover which format is best.
Please keep watching if you liked it! I need everyone's viewership. Haha.

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for watching. Its funny you say dont rush it. Ive been making lots of
10 minute videos and several viewers suggested i shorten the length of the videos to less than 5 minutes and cut out any pauses in speech. The top 5 tips was aldo suggested.This is primarily a youtube based video which mostly has that fast paced format. Its something im still learning a lot about and trying to discover which format is best.
Please keep watching if you liked it! I need everyone's viewership. Haha.

Agreed, videos must be short like less than 3-4 minutes. However, just be yourself and don't try to imitate others...get you own style. Good luck.

Marty Gordon

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Agreed, videos must be short like less than 3-4 minutes. However, just be yourself and don't try to imitate others...get you own style. Good luck.
Thank you....i will most certainly stop imitating others. ....? Now im confused. I created this channel from scratch. Its not copying anyone and the person in the videos is me being myself.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using myREINspace mobile app

Gary3641

New Forum Member
REIN Member
I lOVE IT everything I do at my places except the towel bundles but will from now on looked great and simple to do, thanks!

Top Bottom