Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Top 10 Alberta City

Carla Reis

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Congrats for the latest release.
I really enjoyed the clock and the table showing where we stand as far as the cycle based on the individual RE business approach
Looking forward to see how BC will stack against AB
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
I note Grand Prairie is not in it, and neither is Fort McMurray.

All other cities at the end of the slump, ready for a very modest recovery.

Due to overconstruction many markets will continued to have high vacancies until that is absorbed. The new very stringent OSFI rules will help landlords that do not wish to sell as selling will be far tougher but renting should improve as many folks can’t qualify for their desired mortgage anymore and rent longer.

Carla Reis

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
On my “day job” I am very connected to Fort McMurray and the Oil Sands industry therefore I personally wouldn’t recommend investing there. In the next 10 to 15 years it will be extremely hard for the OS operators to be competitive (local extraction cost vs. International along with the estimated lower demand) therefore the OS operators will struggle to be profitable and the local economy will be the first one to feel the crunch.(Then it will likely head south)

Marnie

Frequent Forum Member
Staff member
REIN Member
ongrats for the latest release.
I really enjoyed the clock and the table showing where we stand as far as the cycle based on the individual RE business approach
Looking forward to see how BC will stack against AB
Thanks for your feedback Carla!

Top Bottom