Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Issues

Dave Rhydderch

New Forum Member
Registered
i have a tenant who is making what I consider the be unrealistic requests. For example, the basement is too cold (when they refuse to increase the thermostat). I'm just looking for advice on these situations.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Get used to it. Develop a thicker skin. Be friendly, but firm.

Ask: if I do this ( or X, Y or Z) would you be ok with a $125/month rent increase ? That usually ends the conversation.

Last edited:

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
If you have a forced air furnace you could put the furnace on the summer switch so the fan stays on all the time, what this does is circulate the warm air from up to down and visa versa and the fan on continuously uses very minimal electricity. I do this in my suited houses and it makes a big difference. The only complaint I get by some is that when the burners are off it just moves the air so it feels cool by the registers, but the temp in the air isn't cool.

Lisa

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
For our suited properties we supply 1 or 2 oil column heaters. It's a small expense to maintain tenants' happiness. Be sure to add this item to your move-in/move-out inspection because you don't want to buy new heaters every time you get a new tenant.

DanW

Registered
That is a great idea and answer to tenants Lisa. The same goes for central air on the second floor in the summer. There is not much you can do short of making multiple zones in your HVAC and costing a lot of money.

Top Bottom