Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Syrian Refugees, 2 years later

David8043

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Two years ago now, the large influx of refugees from Syria began arriving in Canada. There were a few of threads in this column about renting to families from Syria. Now with the benefit of hindsight, how has this turned out for real estate investors? All of the refugees came with a sponsor that guaranteed the rent payments for 1 year. How did rent collection go in the second year? Does the tenant now have reasonable English language skills and reasonable employment? Could a few people with firsthand experience relate how things went - whether good or bad.

nubiwan

Registered
My experience with offering to provide a rental properties to Syrian refugees (at the time) went without a response from the agency I contacted. Nothing! Not even an acknowledgement. I guess they found lots of homes for them all. ;)

David8043

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Thanks nubiwan for your reply. Judging by your reply and by the lack of replies to my original post, it looks like this refugee influx did not turn out to be a bonanza of tenants for real estate investors.

Top Bottom