Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SF vs Suited house

Clinton R

New Forum Member
I don’t agree. I have held properties for more than 30 years - both SF and suited. The suited have totally outperformed SF, especially in cash flow. My suited properties have not had less appreciation than the SF. If the suited properties are totally renovated and LEGAL the turn over is not that bad. People like to live in nice properties and will stay longer if they love the suites. After 30+ years of doing this and learning from my mistakes my favorite type of property to hold for the long term is a totally renovated (both up and down)suited property with a garage. When they are like new you have very little maintenance issues, they give good cash flow and are easy to rent.
With SF you are only dealing with one Tenant making them easier to manage and if you keep them long term they can produce impressive results also.

Sent from my iPad using myREINspace

Any thoughts on ‘a totally renovated suited property with a garage’ VS ‘a new suited property with a garage?

Also legal vs non legal suites?

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Unclear why renting ( or even occupying) basement suites without heated floor is still legal in Canadian prairie provinces as it is terrible in the long winters.

At least get electric mats like NuHeat if retrofit with water based coils too expensive.

Older dingy basement suites with low ceilings tough to rent unless super cheap.

Last edited:

kfort

Registered
Unclear why renting ( or even occupying) basement suites without heated floor is still legal in Canadian prairie provinces as it is terrible in the long winters.

At least get electric mats like NuHeat if retrofit with water based coils too expensive.

1-step is magic for this too. Cheap and easy to lay. Tape the joints.

Top Bottom