Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ron LeGrand Mentoring program

Vladimir

Registered
Hi all,

I attended Quick Turn Real Estate School in Toronto last week where I heard several times about this Mentoring program.
Looks like some REIN members took this program in the past.

I`d love to hear some comments on the program, like who was the mentor, how helpful they were, how long it took to get first cheque... anything.

Would really appreciate it. Besides, I`m sure other members would love to hear about it as well.

Thanks,
Vladimir

MonteDobson

Registered
QUOTE (Vladimir @ Nov 3 2010, 07:49 PM) Hi all,

I attended Quick Turn Real Estate School in Toronto last week where I heard several times about this Mentoring program.
Looks like some REIN members took this program in the past.

I`d love to hear some comments on the program, like who was the mentor, how helpful they were, how long it took to get first cheque... anything.

Would really appreciate it. Besides, I`m sure other members would love to hear about it as well.

Thanks,
Vladimir
My advice would be to "proceed with caution" and do your due diligence. I would suggest you talk to at least 5 people who enrolled and ask them what they think. We attended RL in Edmonton and opted not to because of the cost (I think it was something like 25-30k) and many people bought into the "hype" as a result of the sales pitch. Many of these same people quit jobs etc expecting to "get rich" and unfortunately it`s not as easy as it appears on the surface.

Not saying it is not a good program but I have heard more disgruntled customers than happy ones...much of this depends on the mentor that you get placed with.

My 2 cents!

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (MonteDobson @ Nov 4 2010, 04:19 AM) My advice would be to "proceed with caution" and do your due diligence. I would suggest you talk to at least 5 people who enrolled and ask them what they think. We attended RL in Edmonton and opted not to because of the cost (I think it was something like 25-30k) and many people bought into the "hype" as a result of the sales pitch. Many of these same people quit jobs etc expecting to "get rich" and unfortunately it`s not as easy as it appears on the surface.

Not saying it is not a good program but I have heard more disgruntled customers than happy ones...much of this depends on the mentor that you get placed with.

My 2 cents!

I`ve only done this past weekend with them so I can`t comment on their full deal, but I thought I`d clarify the costs. The mentoring program is only $7 000 to $8 000. Their whole Master`s program is the one that`s $25 000, and that covers a bunch of weekend events and more, along with the mentoring. I was also considering their mentoring component (but not the rest), but their hard sell really turned me off, so I haven`t decided yet. (I mentioned that on my comment form, but I`m going to be emailing my thoughts to them too, just so there`s two copies floating around.)

Aside from that, I`d agree with Monte.

Have a good one, all!

JohnS

L

lanedry77

Hi all,

I`ll pitch in here with my thoughts and comments since I am actively in both the mentoring and masters program, and my sole income is from real estate investing.

I attended Ron`s event in Edmonton last year, and like the bulk of people that saw him last week in Toronto - I left very excited, but also very skeptical.

I did *NOT* join the mentoring or the masters program at the event. The cost was simply too high.

But I left the event, and started to build my quick-turn real estate business.

I had some mild success for several months, then decided to join the mentoring program.

With a mentor, my success took off. I later `upgraded` to the full masters program.

... I could literally talk for about an hour on that transition, but the quick version of the story is just that - I didn`t join until I had proof that it worked, then I joined in small steps. For me, it was a good investment.

But, I know that at least half of the people that joined the masters have done zero deals since joining. if you count the number who may have done one deal and those that have done a traditional 20% down deal - I would guess the percentage is more like 80%.

so it`s NOT for everyone, but if you commit 100% to it and stick with it, it *can* definitely be worth it.

As for the cost, there`s no doubt - it`s pricey. but so is a Harvard education. Of course, lots of people get in to Harvard, pay the tuition, then drop out because they can`t handle it. Does that make Harvard a bad education?

Thanks,

David.

TodorYordanov

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Nov 4 2010, 11:09 AM) Hi all,

I`ll pitch in here with my thoughts and comments since I am actively in both the mentoring and masters program, and my sole income is from real estate investing.

I attended Ron`s event in Edmonton last year, and like the bulk of people that saw him last week in Toronto - I left very excited, but also very skeptical.

I did *NOT* join the mentoring or the masters program at the event. The cost was simply too high.

But I left the event, and started to build my quick-turn real estate business.

I had some mild success for several months, then decided to join the mentoring program.

With a mentor, my success took off. I later `upgraded` to the full masters program.

... I could literally talk for about an hour on that transition, but the quick version of the story is just that - I didn`t join until I had proof that it worked, then I joined in small steps. For me, it was a good investment.

But, I know that at least half of the people that joined the masters have done zero deals since joining. if you count the number who may have done one deal and those that have done a traditional 20% down deal - I would guess the percentage is more like 80%.

so it`s NOT for everyone, but if you commit 100% to it and stick with it, it *can* definitely be worth it.

As for the cost, there`s no doubt - it`s pricey. but so is a Harvard education. Of course, lots of people get in to Harvard, pay the tuition, then drop out because they can`t handle it. Does that make Harvard a bad education?

Thanks,

David.

Great post and advice!

This second time around ( for many of us) the knowledge, experience and advice of others who have spent an entire year trying to make it work is priceless.
Of course your own effort will determine your success with anything.

BenSanderson

Registered
I think you`ll find that there will always be a significant percentage of attendees for any seminar that will walk away and do nothing with the information they`ve been given. Significant, meaning 80 - 90%. It`s easy to feel like you`re moving forward when you`re sitting in a high-energy room absorbing all sorts of great information and strategies. But it`s another thing altogether once the event is over, and you have to return to the same old routines that you faced before. It`s natural to have your interest and enthusiasm drop once you remove yourself from the bright lights of the seminar. And that`s why it`s so hard to motivate yourself to push forward and take action with what you`ve just learned.

I signed up for the mentoring program (just the mentoring, not the $25,000 Masters Program) because I know that I need it. Others do not. I need it because I know the only way I`ll succeed is if someone else is holding me accountable, giving me the step-by-step actions to take and then pushing me forward whether I feel like it that day or not. If you`re a self-starter kind of person, and can stay motivated enough to persevere through the tough spots, then you probably don`t need mentoring. But that`s not me, and I`m glad I at least understand that about myself so that I know mentoring will be filling this critical void.

One thing that helped me make the decision was meeting Lynda and Maribel at the Toronto event. They both took Ron`s Masters Program and have been very successful as a result. Their mentors were key in helping them set up their respective quick turn businesses, and in taking so much of the fear and anxiety out of the learning process. Hearing `real` people (and Canadian
people) talk so candidly about their success was inspiring and gave me confidence that this could work for me if I was willing to put in the hard work and stay focused.

Will everyone who signs up for these things succeed? No - of course not. Will Ron`s mentoring program give you the education and support you need so that *YOU* can do the work and get a few quick turn deals done? I truly believe that it will.

AndreaW

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
I enrolled in the Mastermind Group just over 1 year ago and yes it cost me $25,000. Was it worth it - well I now own 14 more houses than I did 1 year ago and 12 of those houses I bought by "Agreement For Sale", and 2 cash deals. I received over $300,000 in free equity from sellers which most of it will be realised at some future date when my rent to own tenants cash me out or I otherwise sell the house. I have made some money and I have spent a lot of money tweaking the advertising and trying new things before figuring out what worked in my local area.

I will continue to buy more quick turn properties and succeed. My mentor Lynette Wolff was great and kept me on track. I had my first deal within 1 week of the course, but it took a few months to get my first cheque of $7500 from a rent to own tenant. The learning curve in the past year has been huge and I continue to modify my business model to make it more efficient. I now have a full time personal assistant and a contract sales guy to help me with the business and most weeks I work less than 10-15 hours on the business. That being said, this is NOT a get RICH QUICK scheme - it takes hard work, time and energy and money.

If a person truly wants to succeed in quick turn real estate and puts in the time, money and effort it is possible - only you know if that person is you. Ron LeGrand has an amazing brain for the ways he puts deals together and a person can learn a lot from him, if they are willing to.

Andrea Warkentin
Gold REIN Member
Red Deer, AB

Top Bottom