Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recommend a Lawyer to set up rent to own

Would you consider Rent to Own for your current portfolio of properties?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

agentpayne

Registered
Hello
I'm living in and renting properties in the Edmonton area and was looking for recommendations for a lawyer knowledgeable and experience in setting up rent to own on properties I currently own. This would be my first rent to own so anybody with any tips or recommendations with regard to any part of this process feel free to chime in. Would love to hear from anybody who has experience with rent to own deals and their experience with them good and bad.

Thanks in advance
Rick

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Hello Rick,
Please contact Barry McGuire of Ritchie Mill Law Office.
Phone: 1-780-431-1444 ext. 6283 | Fax: 1-780-431-1499 | Email: [email protected]
101, 10301 – 109 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 1N4

BARRY C. MCGUIRE
Barry’s practice is focused strictly on real estate, helping families to purchase their dream homes and investors to purchase all types of rental properties. Barry has particular expertise in the “creative” side of real estate and is one of Alberta’s most experienced lawyers on the creative investing side of real estate. He helps investors from all over Canada buy in Alberta using creative strategies such as agreements for sale, rent to own (a.k.a. lease/options), fix and flip, and assignments.

Called to the Bar: 1975, province of Alberta

Education: B.A and LL.B University of Alberta

Area of Specialization: Real estate, with a special emphasis on creative real estate

http://www.rmlo.com/about-us

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Rent to own is simple in theory but can be very complicated in execution. I wouldn't recommend RTO for new investors and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone without getting some education first. Barry McGuire offers an excellent course on RTO and other creative investing techniques. Please consider getting this (or another) home study course on RTO.

Another option is to consult or JV with an RTO expert to help ensure a successful transaction.

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Agreements for Sale Focus Workshop
AFS2017_800.jpg

Have you:
  • Hit the ‘financing wall' and banks are denying you more mortgages?
  • Ever required an infusion of cash into your real estate business?
  • Found the ‘deal of the century' and had to walk away because you did not have access to the capital to buy it?
  • Wanted to buy properties with little to no money down?
  • Been looking for purchasing alternatives to the bank?
  • Heard about no money down real estate and wondered if it was true?
  • Wanted to buy more properties, but just aren't sure how to get past your first one or two?
Let's say you had the chance to sit down with a veteran group of successful real estate investors and have a heart to heart. In the room, you have experienced investors with massive real estate empires.

And let's say that as part of the conversation, you asked them the tough question: “What was the biggest obstacle you met while building your real estate portfolio?” In my experience, when you're asking successful veteran real estate investors, 9 out of 10 will have the same answer:

- See more at: http://s.reincanada.com/www/store/detail/Agreements-for-Sale-Focus-Workshop#sthash.qzuTXMgU.dpuf

DonnaMcGuire

REIN Member
Rick,
Barry is definitely the go-to lawyer in Edmonton for all things creative!
We've added Rent To Own to our Focus Workshop coming up in June in BC. If you can make it, this will be a huge jumpstart for you.

Top Bottom