Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quoting a post

EdRenkema

Registered
I`ve played with it several different ways but the only thing I`ve been able to do is quote the entire post, yet I`ve seen others quote a single line from a post.
Thanks

kboughen

REIN Member
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 22 2008, 10:42 PM) a single line from a post.
Thanks
Hi Ed,
When you click "Reply" the entire post apprears. I then delete the words I don`t want to appear in the original post and type my reply below.
Hope this helps.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (kboughen @ Nov 24 2008, 06:49 AM) Hi Ed,
When you click "Reply" the entire post apprears. I then delete the words I don`t want

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (kboughen @ Nov 24 2008, 06:49 AM) Hi Ed,
When you click "Reply" the entire post apprears. I then delete the words I don`t want to appear

Hey that works and its so easy and obvious, crackerjack mortgage broker, successfull landlord, forum guru, your skill set keeps growing Kevin - Thanks!

GarthChapman

Registered
How do you separate two or more portions of a post into separate sections that one can comment on individually?

REINteam

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 22 2008, 09:42 PM) I`ve played with it several different ways but the only thing I`ve been able to do is quote the entire post, yet I`ve seen others quote a single line from a post.
Thanks

Garth Make sure you click on the little `+ Quote button` on the post you want to quote. The button will turn from a +Quote to a `- Quote`. Select the ones you want to add your comments to ... then add your comments to the quotes. You can pick and choose which ones you want to comment on. Then when you click on the +post reply button you have all the posts that you selected separated by the `quote` function.

QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 24 2008, 10:21 AM) Hey that works and its so easy and obvious, crackerjack mortgage broker, successfull landlord, forum guru, your skill set keeps growing Kevin - Thanks!

Hopefully this makes sense as this is just want I did as an example here

Your REIN™ team

Nicola

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Nov 25 2008, 08:15 AM) How do you separate two or more portions of a post into separate sections that one can comment on individually?

If you want to break up a quote into sections, you could just make sure each part you want to quote is enclosed by "(quote)" at the beginning and "(/quote)" at the end - with square brackets and no quotation marks -you can just type it in.
Like this:
(quote) This is the quote (/quote) but
use SQUARE brackets [] not round ()
- I can`t do it here because it just looks like a quote, e.g.
QUOTE This is the quote

There might be a more elegant way, but it works for me...

Top Bottom