Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PM Spam

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
This morning I received, what I call, a spam PM. It came from a Realtor prospecting me, supposedly on behalf of a "REIN Member", for a property he/she appears to have listed. I promptly deleted the "offending" PM, and this is as far as this case is going to go.

However, how do we report PMs which we believe are SPAM?

REINteam

Registered
Hi Dan,

Please report any questionable PM to the REIN office. You can do so by sending an email to [email protected] or use the "report a post" button on the fourm. Make sure we get the name of the spammer so we can deal with it accordingly. Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ray Reuter
Client Services
Real Estate Investment Network

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
It is unbelievable and VERY VERY poor business practice for someone to market themselves as something they are not. Can you imagine how they would treat your deals, their fellow realtors, you as a client etc.

NOT the brightest way in which to build your business that is for sure.

Please e-mail us their name [email protected] (in confidence) as we have a procedure to take care of this situation.

Thanks for giving everyone a heads-up.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Sep 3 2008, 09:53 AM) It is unbelievable and VERY VERY poor business practice for someone to market themselves as something they are not. Can you imagine how they would treat your deals, their fellow realtors, you as a client etc.

NOT the brightest way in which to build your business that is for sure.

Please e-mail us their name [email protected] (in confidence) as we have a procedure to take care of this situation.

Thanks for giving everyone a heads-up.

Thanks, Guys.

I immediately deleted the message, and cannot recall who the sender was. The handle is a, not easily remembered, mix of letters that probably makes sense only to the member.

I did recognize the handle as a contributor to some threads, and may recognize it again. If I do, I will let you know.

Dan

Top Bottom