Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Options in and around Montreal

Eemaar

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi,
I live and work in Calgary. I travel to Montreal 3-4 times/year on work and am always attracted to city. I am now seriously thinking of buying investment property , off course if has to make sense! & that's why I need some inputs here from exp members: my budgets is around $350k mortgage.
- is it good option(geographically) or there other better places? (elsewhere Canada)
-I know regulations for Quebec are very diff, any regulatory red flag that I should know?
- hows taxes on rental would work if I am living in alberta?
- Any suggestions for type or property, areas, realtors ?

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
Hi,
I live and work in Calgary. I travel to Montreal 3-4 times/year on work and am always attracted to city. I am now seriously thinking of buying investment property , off course if has to make sense! & that's why I need some inputs here from exp members: my budgets is around $350k mortgage.
- is it good option(geographically) or there other better places? (elsewhere Canada)
-I know regulations for Quebec are very diff, any regulatory red flag that I should know?
- hows taxes on rental would work if I am living in alberta?
- Any suggestions for type or property, areas, realtors ?

1) Is 350K your max mortgage? or you have 350k cash for a down payment to get a mortgage?
2) Montreal is a great option depending of where you buy. Lots of up and coming areas. Elsewhere is Canada, I would buy in Ottawa-Gatineau area.
3) In Quebec, you get a welcome tax and regulations are tenant sided.
4) You pay taxes where you live (but if you incorporate then you need to file in Quebec as well)
5) In Montreal, I would aim for plexes (6,8,12 units+)

I visit Montreal at least once/twice a month as one of my kids is studying up there plus I am also looking to expand my portfolio to Montreal market.

Top Bottom