Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for property management firm

kevindallas

Registered
Dear all,

What are the recommendations? I`m non-resident and as such live abroad, but looking for a complete property management service to take care of finding tenants, screening, paying tax on my behalf, repair and maintenance, etc.

Regards, Kevin

OlegP

Registered
QUOTE (kevindallas @ Jul 21 2009, 08:57 AM) Dear all,

What are the recommendations? I`m non-resident and as such live abroad, but looking for a complete property management service to take care of finding tenants, screening, paying tax on my behalf, repair and maintenance, etc.

Regards, Kevin

I recommend Derek Stockdale. You can e-mail him at [email protected]. There is also a website www.spmpropertymanagement.com. Tell him that you got his name from Oleg Pereslegin. I use him for my properties, and so far he has done a great job.

Ready4Rent

Registered
I would be interested in taking a look at your property, you can`t PM me on this site but can grab my e-mail from my site.

thx

John

Ready4Rent

Registered
Kevin,

Don`t blame him, I know him. Since we posted our address we have been broken into twice, and robbed from the front yard once.

John

kevindallas

Registered
QUOTE (Ready4Rent @ Jul 23 2009, 06:19 AM) Kevin,

Don`t blame him, I know him. Since we posted our address we have been broken into twice, and robbed from the front yard once.

John

Sorry to hear that. I understand that you and the other guy (Derek) are small companies working from home.

But why would displaying your address on a website make it a better target to rob? Is it because they think it`s an office and nobody is home at night or there is something else?

housingrental

Registered
PM companies have:
Lots of keys to lots of places
Some have lots cash (not me - don`t deal in it except laundry coins)
Some have lots cheques
Some tenants hate their landlord.... think eviction... think basement floods... etc..

QUOTE (kevindallas @ Jul 23 2009, 08:31 AM) Sorry to hear that. I understand that you and the other guy (Derek) are small companies working from home.

But why would displaying your address on a website make it a better target to rob? Is it because they think it`s an office and nobody is home at night or there is something else?

kevindallas

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jul 23 2009, 03:52 PM) PM companies have:
Lots of keys to lots of places
Some have lots cash (not me - don`t deal in it except laundry coins)
Some have lots cheques
Some tenants hate their landlord.... think eviction... think basement floods... etc..

Wow, had never thought about all that. It`s part of the business then.

Ready4Rent

Registered
I think it`s more the eviction and collections that piss most people off, and when they try and get a loan etc and see my company on their credit report. As for cash, never anything over 300.00 in the office over night. And keys are in a hidden safe, and a gun in ......... Yes it goes with the territory I think, can`t wait to lease an office space!! Another reason to hire a PM maybe :), you may very well piss-off many people in the course of years of investing, better they rob me than you :)

All that being said, 95-98 percent of the tenants are happy and leave happy. Its that other percent that gives you trouble.

John

Quyen

Registered
I am also looking for a PM in Brantford. We have an 18 unit and a 4 unit. Any more suggestions?

Cheers,
Quyen

OlegP

Registered
QUOTE (kevindallas @ Jul 23 2009, 06:31 AM) Sorry to hear that. I understand that you and the other guy (Derek) are small companies working from home.

Kevin,

I haven`t been on MyREINspace for a while, and just noticed your comment.

Derek has an office on one of the central streets of Brantford, however I agree with others that he would only reveal it on a need-to-know basis due to all the reasons mentioned.

Oleg

DavidTSI

REIN Member
Hi Kevin i have a couple of properties in brantford and i have someone that i use not a company just a private guy honest reliable and very decent prices you can email me for more details [email protected]

TonyMandrique

Registered
QUOTE (DavidTSI @ Sep 3 2009, 01:02 PM) Hi Kevin i have a couple of properties in brantford and i have someone that i use not a company just a private guy honest reliable and very decent prices you can email me for more details [email protected]

Hi everyone,

I am also looking for a good, reliable and honest PM and excellent RE Lawyer not only in Brantford but also in Hamilton. Any referrals are much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Fortune Homes
email: [email protected]

Jeffrey2144

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE I am also looking for a good, reliable and honest PM and excellent RE Lawyer not only in Brantford but also in Hamilton. Any referrals are much appreciated.

Hello to All,

My company `Cornerstone Select Properties` also offers Property Management Services to the Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton and Brantford Regions. I also personally invest in these areas too so I`d be happy to discuss ways in which I can help further the return on your Real Estate investments with my PM Services.

I can be contacted at 1-866-526-1771 or directly on my cell phone at 905-979-0652. Of course by e-mail at [email protected] or my website at: www.cornerstoneselect.ca

I`d also post my mailing address but I will be moving soon so that will just confuse things.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Jeff Varcoe

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (kevindallas @ Jul 21 2009, 10:57 AM) Dear all,

Regards, Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I have a recommendation as well if you are doing Single Family homes only.
Fine Landlord Services-1-866-923-7645 x5 Donna Collins
[email protected].
Manages in Golden Horseshoe.
Thanks Carol

ontariolandlord

Registered
I`ve never met him personally, but there`s a guy who I`ve communicated with online with who seems very good.
He knows the ropes, but what I like is he isn`t afraid to be a real "hard-as$" which is sometimes needed, and always the "threat of" is needed for Ontario rentals:

QUOTE However, your screening should eliminate the "short stays" and should provide you with a quality tenant, and a collectible tenant, or you destroy their credit for 7 years.

John
http://www.ontariolandlord.ca/forum/viewto...2267577a69397e3

Read his messages and you`ll learn to like him.

CyndiGould

Registered
I'm looking for a good property management company in Brantford, On. I've tried to send messages to all of the email addresses noted in the above posts, but they have all bounced back to me. I realize these posts are from 2009, so just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for PMs in the Brantford area. Thanks very much!

robhil

Registered
Dear all,

Regards, Kevin
I may have missed something but what community are you looking in.

A.G. Secure Property Management Inc is in a few Ontario areas. www.agsecure.ca

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Hello

.I am an investor keen on investing in a lucrative,
calculated viable business, either by partnership or as

a financier.
I have equity capital in my custody for profitable

investment.
in Cash, Fixed interest, Shares , Property.
To proceed, let me have your business plan/proposals (

investjunxx at g ma il co m )

Name
Jun

Beware of spam. Trying to rope you in, then will ask you to send 10,000 to evaluate your business proposal just to see this money gone forever.

Top Bottom