Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Libertas or Real Property Management - down to the wire....

Leslie

Registered
Hi All,

Well time to make my decision. After reading several posts it has become clear of who not to choose to manage my properties. I have heard wonderful things about Libertas; although most from them themselves. I have also heard good things about Real Property Management, both from a tenant and two owners who are currently with the company. Hard decision but I must make it by next week. If anyone has any advice, comments or experiences - good or bad with either of these companies, please let me know, so that I can make my decision.
Leslie

DaveRhydderch

Registered
I don`t want to offend any property managers, but I always think of trying to find the pm that will cause you the least issues. I have nothing but respect for them, as I would hate their jobs and they don`t get paid enough. But no one is going to run the property as well as you would like it to. Therefore, everyone is going to complain (rightly or wrongly).

You`ve done your homework, so what is your gut telling you? Assuming you`ve asked all the hard questions, I think its up to you now. From reading your message, I think I know who you`re learning towards. But similar to choosing tenants, there`s only so much you can get from credit checks, references, etc. Eventually, I think you need to listen to that little feeling inside.

After you make your choice. Don`t look back. You need at least a year to settle into the role. After a year, you can evaluate where you are.

Good luck

mrlaframboise

REIN Member
Hi Leslie,

Please realize that property management is not easy and nobody will do it as good as you.
Finding good property management in Edmonton has been quite a challenge for us. You need to make sure your property manager understands your expectations in regards to communciation channels, who does what, reporting, billing and money deposits.... to how you can work as a team.
The key ingredient is to have good and clear communication with your property manager.

You can call me or email me if you want to discuss this offline.

Marc Laframboise
613-222-9509
[email protected]

Top Bottom