Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to deliver Offer cover letter?

Candi

Registered
Hi fellow Rein members,

I am about to send an offer and would like to know how do I deliver the Offer cover letter?
1-In an envelope,
2-Just another page attached to the 7 pages offer or
3-In person? (by the Realtor?)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Candi;-)

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Candi @ Jun 23 2008, 10:05 AM) Hi fellow Rein members,

I am about to send an offer and would like to know how do I deliver the Offer cover letter?
1-In an envelope,
2-Just another page attached to the 7 pages offer or
3-In person? (by the Realtor?)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Candi;-)
if you know the seller .. then personally if possible .. face-to-face with an explanation .. backed up by the offer + letter which repeats in more succinct terms what you told them mano-a-mano !

in many cases you do not know the seller, or the seller`s realtor, then it goes through your realtor !

RedlineBrett

Registered
Make sure you tell your realtor about the cover letter and help them sell it to the listing side.

Your message will have three stops between you and the sellers ears (you to realtor, realtor to realtor, realtor to seller) so you need to make sure your agent clearly understands your intent so that he/she can help the listing realtor sell it to their client.

Also - it helps A LOT if you can provide some evidence to back up your reasoning... throw some numbers in there or some recent articles and it goes a long way with the other side to substantiate you as being a sophisticated investor.

My clients and I get way less BS counter offers when we go in armed with stats and analysis.

QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Jun 23 2008, 10:14 AM) if you know the seller .. then personally if possible .. face-to-face with an explanation .. backed up by the offer + letter which repeats in more succinct terms what you told them mano-a-mano !

in many cases you do not know the seller, or the seller`s realtor, then it goes through your realtor !

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

If you don`t have direct access to the seller, then you make it a schedule to the offer, soo it MUST be presented as part of the offer, just as if it was any other schedule or addendum.

invst4profit

Registered
I include mine in a sealed envelope addressed directly to the seller. I do not involve my agent or the sellers agent. The way I work is directly with the seller and always let them know that they are welcome to call me directly if they wish to discuss details. This is not intended to exclude the agents or bypass any commission due to them I simply consider the letter to be a personal matter.
I have always approached the "letter" as personal information between two parties with a common goal. I do of course let my agent know all pertinent financial info but that is usually through broad ongoing discussions.
I have never trusted others to "sell" anything as well as I can sell it myself and believe the more people involved the higher the chance of miscommunication.

Candi

Registered
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Jun 23 2008, 12:42 PM) I include mine in a sealed envelope addressed directly to the seller. I do not involve my agent or the sellers agent. The way I work is directly with the seller and always let them know that they are welcome to call me directly if they wish to discuss details. This is not intended to exclude the agents or bypass any commission due to them I simply consider the letter to be a personal matter.
I have always approached the "letter" as personal information between two parties with a common goal. I do of course let my agent know all pertinent financial info but that is usually through broad ongoing discussions.
I have never trusted others to "sell" anything as well as I can sell it myself and believe the more people involved the higher the chance of miscommunication.

Candi

Registered
Thank you guys you are the best - all your advice is very important- I am on my way:)

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
The cover letter is invaluable. On our last deal, there were two offers made the same night, ours and another. We included a cover letter. Our JV partner was going to live in the home with his family, so he wrote how impressed he and his wife were with the beautiful home and the fantastic yard and explained what a blessing it would be to them and their four children. The seller not only accepted our offer, but she also wrote a letter back saying how pleased she was that such a lovely family would be living in her home. She loved that house, and it meant the world to her to know that good people would be taking it over. When they moved in, there was another note at the house, welcoming them home.

Make sure that you write those letters. They`re special and unique and often make the difference!

Top Bottom