Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rose M

New Forum Member
Registered
I was wondering if it is a good idea to purchase a mobile home to live in while I'm going to college. I just turned 18 and have some money saved. The mobile home costs around $13,000 with a 20%($2,600) down payment. It is a fixed type term of 5 years. Pad fees are around $450 a month which includes taxes, garbage & lot maintenance. The mobile home has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 800 sq. feet , and is definitely a fixer upper. Is it a good investment or should I just rent an apartment?

I don't know much about real estate so I am pretty much clueless. Advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Rose M

New Forum Member
Registered
The average price of a 2 bedroom house in this city is around $900 a month

adriano

Registered
The problem with mobiles is they are the hardest kind of real estate to sell and the mobile itself goes down in value. Also you still are renting in a sense because you are paying a pad rental.you might be better to rent and save your money until you have enough to purchase a condo or a single family home. Just my opinion.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Mobile home will take a LONG time to sell. Not a good idea if a view of less than 5 years.

Buy the mobile home park instead ( later, once you got the cash ). Great investments !!

Top Bottom