Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Getting property under contract

DustinT

New Forum Member
Registered
Hello,

I have been practicing analyzing deals in preparation for my first purchase. I am just now talking to lawyers, mortgage broker, contractors, and putting together a team. I have come across a property that I feel is the kind of deal that I am looking for but I don't have everything in place. I am liquidating stocks to have the down payment in my account, I'm looking into contractors and so on. I'm probably at least a month from being all set in my opinion. Is there an option or a way I can structure an offer to "hold" this property until I'm ready? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Devin Roberts

Devin Roberts - Brent Roberts Realty
REIN Member
Hi,

It really depends where you are looking and the condition of the market. In a slower market, longer closings can be practical.

To answer your question, yes it is possible. Can also do an option to purchase agreement as well. I would find an investment oriented Realtor in the area and get them to do the dirty work.

Thanks

Devin Roberts
[email protected]
Royal LePage Brent Roberts Realty

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
At the time of making an offer you only need to pay a deposit. In case of a MF building you would have to give yourself (at least) a minimum of 1 month to get the deal approved (lenders inspections plus reports etc) and you would make that, incl financing approval, a condition in the offer
When the moment is there to close you need to bring the remainder of the DP to the lawyer a few days to a week before.
So nothing stops you from moving on it but make sure your offer reflects a timeline that you need to, to get all ducks in a row. Also make sure you can prove funds for the down payment.

Michel Lafleur

Frequent Forum Member
REIN Member
Lock it up with an offer and a deposit, and ask for a closing date that works for your financing plan.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Get clarity on mortgage first as getting one is very tough these days.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Top Bottom