Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For anyone thinking of going to the US to invest

timk519

Registered
It`s looking to get a lot nastier before it gets better.

From http://realestate.msn.com/Buying/Article_b...6&GT1=10632

As lenders stop making the kind of loans that allow people to buy with small or zero down payments, the housing market could turn out worse than even the most pessimistic projections.

Surprising new research published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta concludes that the bulk of the increase was caused by innovations in the mortgage market, in particular the explosion of "piggyback" or "combo" loans that made it possible for people to make small or zero down payments. Young families with little savings flocked to those loans to buy first homes.

Trouble is, lenders aren`t making many of those loans anymore because default rates on the smaller, second loans have been extremely high. That means that one of the main props of the housing market has been kicked away. If the homeownership rate drifts back to where it was in 1995, the outlook for housing construction and home prices could turn out even worse than the pessimistic projections.

thejules

REIN Member
QUOTE (timk519 @ Nov 9 2007, 10:12 PM) It`s looking to get a lot nastier before it gets better.

From http://realestate.msn.com/Buying/Article_b...6&GT1=10632

As lenders stop making the kind of loans that allow people to buy with small or zero down payments, the housing market could turn out worse than even the most pessimistic projections.

Surprising new research published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta concludes that the bulk of the increase was caused by innovations in the mortgage market, in particular the explosion of "piggyback" or "combo" loans that made it possible for people to make small or zero down payments. Young families with little savings flocked to those loans to buy first homes.

Trouble is, lenders aren`t making many of those loans anymore because default rates on the smaller, second loans have been extremely high. That means that one of the main props of the housing market has been kicked away. If the homeownership rate drifts back to where it was in 1995, the outlook for housing construction and home prices could turn out even worse than the pessimistic projections.

This time makes me want to invest more into our own markets. I am even looking at markets north of here. I am looking at properties that have a much high cash on cash yeild........Jules

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (thejules @ Nov 11 2007, 09:33 AM) This time makes me want to invest more into our own markets. I am even looking at markets north of here. I am looking at properties that have a much high cash on cash yeild........Jules

Patience is the key on this one. I think we are only seeing the beginning...the `vintages` of sub prime mortgages only continue to be of lower quality, expect to see more defaults and foreclosures in 2008 as more of these progressively worse loans come due.

Top Bottom