Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Exclusive realtor

DustinT

New Forum Member
Registered
Got sent a contract from a realtor I’d been emailing with that basically states I can only go through him in that city. Is that standard?

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Devin Roberts

Devin Roberts - Brent Roberts Realty
REIN Member
If you are looking to purchase a place, often what is called and exclusive agency agreement (in B.C., varies per province) may be required depending on the agent. Agents usually ask for this so their time is not wasted

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
What a goober. That's like signing an exclusive agreement with an Uber driver. Lots of drivers out there. See how he does on the first deal. If you are happy with him then sign the exclusive on a short time frame for this deal only. He is protecting his commission if you go buy on your own or with someone else after he drives you to a property or two.

DustinT

New Forum Member
Registered
Thanks a lot guys. Have another realtor who is helping me without that.

Michel Lafleur

Frequent Forum Member
REIN Member
Sounds like a great deal for that buyer's agent, lol, to get you under contract for anything in that city/area.
The terms of your buyer representation agreement should be negotiable.
I will often sign agreements specific to a property (binds the buyer/agent for that one property only), or something short term & specific such as "legal suited properties in these 1 or 2 neighborhoods for the next 90 days." That keeps the buyer open to working with other agents for different proeperty types/locations etc., and pushes the Realtor to work to find that property for you rather than waiting for it to show up on MLS.

Top Bottom