Edmonton Information

kaelsmith

Registered
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the current vacancy rate is in Edmonton??

Also, does anyone know what the current number of listings on the MLS is in Edmonton? (Is the current inventory dropping as it has begun to do in Calgary?)

If anyone could let me know about the above information it would be greatly appreciated. I will be using it for a presentation at my work next week.

Thanks,

Kael.

samwei

Registered
QUOTE (kaelsmith @ Jan 4 2008, 03:48 AM) Hi,

Also, does anyone know what the current number of listings on the MLS is in Edmonton? (Is the current inventory dropping as it has begun to do in Calgary?)

If anyone could let me know about the above information it would be greatly appreciated. I will be using it for a presentation at my work next week.

Thanks,

Kael.

Hi Kael, current number of listings (unsold inventory) for residential units in Edmonton at the end of December 2007 on MLS is 7094, down from the high of 9918 at the end of September. It`s typical for the inventory to drop at the end of the year, then start slowly increasing again toward June/July. There are about 3000 units for sale on the Comfree site.

However, it`s telling that the number of units sold in December was only 857, compared to the high of 2839 in May 2007, when the number of listings available was only 3151. So, still a buyer`s market.

As for the vacancy rate, in July 2006, it was 1.5%. And now, it`s about 1%, with an expected rate of .8% in 2008.

Hope that helps.

Sam
style_emoticons

kaelsmith

Registered
QUOTE (kaelsmith @ Jan 4 2008, 03:48 AM) Hi,

Thanks,

Kael.

Hello Sam,

Thanks so much for the info.

Kael

JeffSmith

Registered
QUOTE (kaelsmith @ Jan 7 2008, 05:02 PM) Hello Sam,

Thanks so much for the info.

Kael

2 local sources for the info are Edmonton Realtors Association(Edmonton Real Estate Board) and CMHC.