Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Decent towns NOT on the top 10?

retiredby50

Registered
Hello folks,
Forgive me if my inexperience and naivite show through on this, but I`m a REIN member of only a few weeks. I`ve read Real Estate Investing In Canada, but haven`t had a chance to plow through the mountain of information that came in the mail with REIN.

I admit to doing this all in the wrong order. I `had a baby,` meaning I bought an R3 lot in Innisfail, based on mostly a hunch, and THEN I `got married,` meaning i joined REIN. So forgive me of my sins, and let`s move on.(I can hear the chorus of: "YOU DID WHAT?!?!" from here...)

So now I have this `baby` and I am going to need to decide whether to "give it up for adoption," meaning sell it, or "raise it myself," which is to tear down the little house there and build a multi unit. I need to find out if it`s a `gold mine town.`

I am NOT looking to y`all for the answers to my life`s questions here. I`m just asking:

Is there a way to access research REIN may have done on this, or any other town, which didn`t make the top 10?

It`s on the corridor, and it`s 20 minutes from Red Deer. It must have hit the radar screen at some point in the last few years, no? It appears to me to have a lot going for it, but mine may not be the most critical eye for the job.

I`m not afraid to do the research, but at the same time there`s no sense me trying to burn a ton of daylight on it, if someone has already gone through it with a fine toothed comb and had it come up short.

Thanks for the input folks.

Cheers
Keith

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
There are MANY towns across Canada that are fantastic investments, but not on the Top 10 List. That is why we teach people how to fish, rather than just hand over the fish.

The Goldmine Scorecard will help you to identify these hidden gems. Opportunities abound by following the Quickstart System`s step-by-step process and literally thousands of investors place their money in towns not on any list at all. The key is in the homework and asking the tough questions listed on the Scorecard.

The corridor you are targeting is one of the strongest economic regions in Canada.

invst4profit

Registered
You will learn over time that the research you do yourself will always be the most valuable.
Every situation, every location is different. It`s OK to start with info gleamed from sources such as REIN but that should always only be a starting point that you use to build your own property research on.
It`s like buying a used car, you can read all the industry reports, but you still have to research the car your buying because each and every one is unique.
Remember whether the area is top 10 or bottom 10 there are winners and losers in every location.

retiredby50

Registered
Thanks for the info,

I`m digging into the information right now.

Very revealing, it is. I now see why said town hasn`t been getting accolades. 1/2 the provincial average for growth, and a decreasing number of people in the over 60K income bracket from 96 to 01. Possibly from the number of retired folk moving there.

Interesting indeed.

Thanks again.

keith

Top Bottom