Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

credit check on tenents

crispino

Registered
I have possible tenents, I want to screen them..How do I get a credit check done on them, and do I have authorization to get a job letter or last paystub. What are other things I should check?
References???

mikecunning

REIN Member
You will need the applicant`s written authorisation to check their credit...

Check out www.tenantverification.com

This is a great resource and is full of excellent tips.

Good luck

Mike

invst4profit

Registered
I would suggest seeing the drivers lisence of each person intending to move in to confirm they are who they say they are. Check the address on the lisence. Do a police check to see if they have any criminal convictions and do a check with the provincial Landlord/Tennant board to see if they have any evictions on record. Also ask where they presently live (not always the same as on there drivers lisence) and contact there landlord for a referance. Make sure they have had the same employer for a couple of years and contact that employer to confirm. Confirm any contact number they give you as it may be fake (a friend or relative). Do a check on everyone planing to live there not just the one paying the rent. You don`t want some crack head xconvict moving in with your nice renter. The effort spent now is well worth your time.

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
We have had folks pull their own bureau online and give us a copy - depending on the demand for rentals in your area, you can either re-imburse them or choose not to....

www.equifax.ca

pvilay

Registered
I have a friend that runs a property management company, ACH services, and she recommends that I get bank account information (they can black out the account number as long as their name is on the bank info), pay stubs, employer reference letter, previous address or land lord. All of these methods are free and she was told by the edmonton police service that this is the best way. Or you can pay to find out their credit info, which is also a good option.

Top Bottom