Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Creative ideas needed to sell old Nanaimo fiveplex

margaretcowan

REIN Member
My old Nanaimo house with five suites isn`t selling on MLS so I`d appreciate your creative ideas.

Listed at $339,900. Gross revenue $2500 a month. After operating expenses and mortgage payments, it breaks even. I`ve owned it since 1997 so want to sell it to get my capital gain out and invest elsewhere. Current mortgage is $80,000 with the new VRM monthly payment of about $775 of which $600 a month pays down priniciple.

The property is in Nanaimo`s Old City, is on a slope, has a nice garden, some sea views, is well maintained and has quiet, long term tenants. I`m replacing the old oil burning furnace with a gas one----a fact that is in the listing info.

I was thinking the ideal buyer would be an owner occupier who`d live in the nicely renovated, two bedroom view suite and have four tenants paying most of the operating expenses.

However some people looking at it, who`ve viewed the financial statements first, are saying they feel intimidated by the size of the property with four other tenants and some are intimidated by the neighbourhood, which is gentrifying with nice houses on the street but still has a drug fringe nearby.

The realtor is a seasoned Nanaimo investor and long time realtor who sells a variety of properties.

Any creative ideas?

Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

invst4profit

Registered
Nothing very creative unfortunately. If it`s not selling usually the reason is it is overpriced. There is probably a physiological ceiling at $300,000 that you need to be under.
You have had it long enough that it does not owe you anything so why not just take what you can and unload it quickly.

Top Bottom