Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Colour choices (dark/light grey)?

ChrisDavies

Registered
Anyone have a dark/light grey combo they like? We're painting a bunch of apartments and I think we need something more modern. Most of the units are getting LVP flooring so we can match the flooring to the paint.

Marnie

Frequent Forum Member
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Chris, are you looking for actual paint colour names that people like in dark grey and in light grey? Or how to combine the two (e.g. all light with a dark feature wall)?

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
Benjamin moore grant beige HC-83 Latex eggshell - base

I paint that colour everywhere. I don't believe that feature walls or whatever change the rental price, just creating a job for someone. I'd put the money on tangible value-adds. Plus if you own a bunch of units it becomes a job to keep track of all the paint colours on move outs or any time there is a little nick in the wall.

kfort

Registered
I use a CIL colour called "touch of grey" for walls and CIL semi gloss white for trim & doors. Keep the grey light enough, no need to shrink the space. The colour listed above is the lightest grey I can find that still pops against white trim.

David8043

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Before you paint, you might want to try the Benjamin Moore website. You can see different colors and color combinations, and see what they look like in a room. Click on "Color Collections", then click on "Color Preview", then click on "See Colors". Pick any of the 1000+ colors, then click on "See In Room". Pick a room, and then use the down arrow at the right to change the colors of the walls, ceiling, trim, etc.

Top Bottom