CMHC Rental Reports 2009

wgraham

REIN Member
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/odpub/esub/6448...83_2009_B01.pdf
Highlights
�� The average apartment vacancy rate in Alberta`s urban centres increased from 2.9 per cent in April 2008 to 4.6 per cent in April 2009. All centres except Grande Prairie reported a higher vacancy rate in 2009.
�� The 2009 vacancy rates ranged from a low of 1.2 per cent in Cold Lake to a high of 8.5 per cent in Grande Prairie.
�� Calgary and Edmonton, the two largest urban centres, reported vacancy rates of 4.3 and 4.7 per cent, respectively.
sizeo-->�� The provincial average rent for all unit types was $962 per month in April. At $2,088, Wood Buffalo had the highest average monthly rent amongst all urban centres in Alberta, while Medicine Hat had the lowest average rent at $654 monthly.

Enjoy!
W

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
I guess I should have done a search first, because I just posted a link in another post to all the reports from across the country. They can be found here.

NB: After posting the above, I looked at some of the city reports. Not all, if any, have been updated, although most provincial reports appear to be Spring 2009.

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (Dan_Eisenhauer @ Jun 11 2009, 11:03 AM) I guess I should have done a search first, because I just posted a link in another post to all the reports from across the country. They can be found here.

NB: After posting the above, I looked at some of the city reports. Not all, if any, have been updated, although most provincial reports appear to be Spring 2009.

Dan, you can subscribe online to the various CMHC reports. That will get you an automated email from CMHC when each report is updated.

greg12

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Jun 11 2009, 12:24 PM) Dan, you can subscribe online to the various CMHC reports. That will get you an automated email from CMHC when each report is updated.
Fort Mcmurray finally breaks the trend of sub 1% vacancy rates by posting 6.9%! But the report is a classic example of investing based on the future and not the past. After selling nothing for the first 5 months of the year, realtors are now getting 20-30 accepted offers per day. With the current total number of listings at 830, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where the city is once again headed.