Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any Other Investors Teachers?

2ndstory

Registered
Thought I would ask. I was thinking about it after posting in another thread that I am a teacher. Are there any other teachers investing? If so, how do manage your time. Do you have any tips or advice for a fellow teacher / investor? etc. How long have you been teaching? Investing? Why do you invest in addition to teaching? And so on an so forth.

Nik

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (2ndstory @ Jun 1 2010, 02:37 PM) Thought I would ask. I was thinking about it after posting in another thread that I am a teacher. Are there any other teachers investing? If so, how do manage your time. Do you have any tips or advice for a fellow teacher / investor? etc. How long have you been teaching? Investing? Why do you invest in addition to teaching? And so on an so forth.

Nik

My wife is a teacher, and we invest as a team. She is unbelievably organized, which I`m pretty sure helps with time management. As you mentioned in the other thread lenders seem to like her employment as a teacher for the stability it provides. I make more than her, but being a teacher always gets comments from lenders/mortgage brokers.

Regards,

Michael

shordal

Registered
QUOTE (2ndstory @ Jun 1 2010, 02:37 PM) Thought I would ask. I was thinking about it after posting in another thread that I am a teacher. Are there any other teachers investing? If so, how do manage your time. Do you have any tips or advice for a fellow teacher / investor? etc. How long have you been teaching? Investing? Why do you invest in addition to teaching? And so on an so forth.

Nik

Hi Nik,

This is my first post (you brought me out of the woodwork) my wife and I have been members for 3 months but our mentors and JV partners have been members for a long time and we finally took their advice and joined.

I am a teacher 8 years and my wife is a former teacher who now runs a Non-Profit group that she founded for kids with special needs (www.adaptabilities.ca).

Managing time is a challenge that most investors face but we do our best to be organized in all aspects of our life. We have learned what tasks we should do ourselves and which one we need to have someone else do (example:clean our house). We have a part time nanny who helps with child care when we have meetings etc.

We now have just closed on our 4th property in Edmonton and are working with a group we formed to purchase a multifamily property this year. Life is busy but our Belize is important to us.

As for why we invest on top of Real Estate we would not have the life we want with out doing that extra bit as all investors know. Short term pain for long term gain.

2ndstory

Registered
Thanks for the responses everyone! It`s encouraging to hear about other real estate investors from the same walk of life. Most of my teacher colleagues are very surprised to learn that I am into real estate. Most of them wonder how I have time for it with the demands of teaching and I think most are relying on their teacher pensions and RRSP contributions.

Nik

Top Bottom