Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Another way to integrate REMA with your bookkeeping/accounting software

RedDeerWilliam

Registered
I got to talking with my accountant here in Red Deer the other day. He is very comfortable and adept at using the newer ways of doing one`s accounting and bookkeeping using today`s high-tech tools.

He indicated to me that rather than tryinig to find a way to upload information from REMA to Quickbooks (or any other major accounting software like Simply Accounting), it would be easier, wiser and more efficient if you went the other way.

In other words instead of uploading information up to your accounting software from REMA, you`d download the "necessary" information you`ve already have in your accounting software into REMA!

Many of these programs already have ability to export much of it`s information. We`d just need REMA to find a way to accept these exported files.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Further suggestions?

mandmholdings

Registered
I think that is a great idea. I like the fact that REMA can be used for a "projected budget" as I have found it valuable for using for investors; however, I would like it to be completley accurate for reporting purposes for my investors, as well as for my analysis. In my books enabling it in some way to allow for ease of bookkeeping/accounting would make life easier.

QUOTE (RedDeerWilliam @ Mar 16 2008, 07:48 PM)
I got to talking with my accountant here in Red Deer the other day. He is very comfortable and adept at using the newer ways of doing one's accounting and bookkeeping using today's high-tech tools.

He indicated to me that rather than tryinig to find a way to upload information from REMA to Quickbooks (or any other major accounting software like Simply Accounting), it would be easier, wiser and more efficient if you went the other way.

In other words instead of uploading information up to your accounting software from REMA, you'd download the "necessary" information you've already have in your accounting software into REMA!

Many of these programs already have ability to export much of it's information. We'd just need REMA to find a way to accept these exported files.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Further suggestions?

richardkp

REIN Member
I am all for this as well. I am trialling REMA now and just using it for the property analyzer part which is great. I use Quickbooks for the 1 property I own and although you can use categorys for your properties I would love to get the accounting function into one place to save the duplication and also maintaining 2 systems. Not very time efficient.
I am an accountant so the thought of paying someone else to do my books is alien at the moment. I am sure this will change as I get more properties.
I like the idea of giving the details to the accountant from just one system and not worrying that they might not tie into the other system.
How does this progress forwards?
Rich

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (richardkp @ Apr 23 2009, 06:04 PM)
I am all for this as well. I am trialling REMA now and just using it for the property analyzer part which is great. I use Quickbooks for the 1 property I own and although you can use categorys for your properties I would love to get the accounting function into one place to save the duplication and also maintaining 2 systems. Not very time efficient.

I am an accountant so the thought of paying someone else to do my books is alien at the moment. I am sure this will change as I get more properties.

I like the idea of giving the details to the accountant from just one system and not worrying that they might not tie into the other system.

How does this progress forwards?

Rich

You can choose to record all your actual income and expenses in REMA by overwriting the projected figures each month.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Apr 23 2009, 06:36 PM)
You can choose to record all your actual income and expenses in REMA by overwriting the projected figures each month.

Can we automate that process? Dump a CSV file into REMA? Intuit products are pretty good to adhering to a standard data format.

Top Bottom