Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Albertans who think they have it bad might consider a trip to Ontario

joeiannuzzi

Registered
Spring may be just around the corner, but Albertans are in an unseasonably prickly mood as they get ready to elect a new government on Monday. Whether the issue du jour is funding for schools and hospitals, royalties, chronic labour shortages, exorbitant rent hikes, hefty tuition fees, or the rapid pace of oilsands development, voters are screeching loud and long.

That`s democracy, I guess. The rhetorical noise always reaches a fever pitch during election campaigns.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news...dd-d66a7616f04c

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Let`s hope that property investors use their brains when they vote (not the headlines) because we need in-migration, we need the job growth that our major corporations create and we need lower taxes to fuel this. Remember, as property owners and landlords, we are in business.
Let`s also hope that every Albertan takes a look at the options (from other provinces` experiences) before rushing out to vote on a knee-jerk reaction.

Most importantly... EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE, no matter what they are doing on election day.

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Ralph Klein was one of the reasons I moved my business here in 2001. I know I`ll be voting and I also am very clear where I will be putting my X.

I have a pretty clear idea of what Ralph Klein and the PC Party did for this province, and I appreciate it wholeheartedly. We need to give Ed Stelmach our vote so the PC party can follow through with the Vision, keep the prosperity and stay on course.

YEAH ALBERTA!

KenReynolds

Registered
I echo the sentiments! We are BLESSED to live in such a prosperous province. Stelmach may have a lot to learn but I can`t imagine letting another political party mess with our prosperity (and even consider ridiculous ideas such as rent controls).

I know some of my `knee-jerk-reacting` friends in the oil patch are ganging up to either spoil their ballots or vote for some fringe party. They seem to forget that they`ve been riding high and that we`re sooooo much better off than anywhere else in the country.

I encourage all business owners (that`s you and me as real estate investors) to get out and put that `X` where it will keep us in the prosperity zone.

Ditto on the "YEAH ALBERTA"

Top Bottom