Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A slightly different success story

DaveRhydderch

Registered
My success story is a little different, but since it was inspired by Don and REIN I thought I`d post it.

I was sitting in the REIN meeting before the ACRE weekend in November. Don brought up travelling, and asked the audience "How many of you want to take a trip. Well, whats stopping you?". That really hit home with me as I had wanted to travel to Thailand since I was 24 (5 years). I had always found a reason not too, but that night I went home and booked my trip.

So from Dec.28 till February 24 I spent my time swimming with elephants, sunbathing on the beach, petting tigers, muay thai boxing, and even got myself invited to a real Thai wedding. Needless to say, it was a time I`ll always cherish and I`m glad I took Don`s little knudge.

And the best part, my business didn`t fall apart. My rentals stayed happy and I even managed to sell a house while out there (I do owe a few people a good lunch).

But before you ask, I didn`t bring the book. I realized the night before I had loaned it out. Next time, I promise.

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Congratulations Dave! You went right home after Don`s nudge and took action! Bravo!

Your success is a wonderful reminder for me. During the Olympics in Vancouver I met Carlo Freddi, who owns the Freddy company that makes the clothes for all the Italian Olympic teams and other athletes and dancers` shoes for companies like the Royal Ballet. A global company he grew over 30 years.

I asked him his secrets to his huge success. He said,
* work very hard
* don`t think about the money part
* take lots of time off (he loves the Sahara and other deserts)
* and be a bit crazy!

Canadian coach Dan Sullivan says the more time you take away, the better you do in your business.

Now I have to follow your example!

Cheers
Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

Top Bottom